The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Spearing HELP!!!!  (Read 2166 times)

Offline DRP

• IceShanty Rookie
Spearing HELP!!!!
« on: Nov 17, 2008, 07:19 AM »
Hello all,
   Looking for some fans of spearing pike on this board to help us here in SW Ontario (Lake Erie, Detroit River, Lake St.Clair) to bring it back, as it has been stopped in 2007 by the Ministry of Natural Resources. There are alot of spearing fans in the northern US and we could use your help too. If spearing made any significant dent in the pike population I could understand, but while a good spearing season here might be 10-20 fish, an angler on the Detroit River for example can still harvest 2190 pike with a rod and reel, thanks to a 365 day, 6 fish daily limit. Please help us here by going to this non profit site www.ontariospearing.co m and print and fax the document on the 'how to help' page. It would only take a second and we need your help badly to preserve this age old tradition....Thanks, DRP
PS...Posting this on any other message board you use would be a great help as well!!!!

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
Re: Spearing HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2008, 01:20 AM »
Reposting as a hyperlink

www.ontariospearing.com

If spearing made any significant dent in the pike population I could understand, but while a good spearing season here might be 10-20 fish, an angler on the Detroit River for example can still harvest 2190 pike with a rod and reel, thanks to a 365 day, 6 fish daily limit.

In Darkhouse Spearfishing Accross North America By Jay Leitch, the author talks about a study done in Minnesota that showed that the summer fishing charters made a bigger impact on the pike population then the Winter Darkhouse Spearers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.