Author Topic: Qu'apelle Lakes2  (Read 35264 times)

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Qu'apelle Lakes2
« Reply #60 on: Jan 08, 2009, 05:12 PM »
well going onto the lake i followed the trail once i was on the lake i blazed my own ... i can show yah if you want on sat .. i had no problems with the car

Offline steadyrippin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 08, 2009, 05:28 PM »
ill see if i can head out saturday goin tomo for sure tho

Offline steadyrippin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 08, 2009, 05:32 PM »
i need a fishin buddy i been goin with my gf ha

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Jan 08, 2009, 06:36 PM »
i wish i could get my gf out this year with me again ... she wont not yet lol icew isnt thick enough yet

Offline steadyrippin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:42 PM »
stopped at shell in melville tonight got some really big meal worms like huge and long never seen any like this before now im ready to head out first thing tomo mornin

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:07 PM »
THERE NOT MEAL WORMS THEY ARE SUPER WORMS DONT PUT THEM IN THE FRIDGE THEY WILL DIE FAST

sorry for the shouting but you cannot find mealkworms right now cuz of the whatever it was that is whiping them out if they look close to the same but arebigger they are super worms  dont refridgerate them they die sooner leave em at room temp

Offline steadyrippin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:08 PM »
ya i just learned that hard way put them in fridge half hour ago just took them out dead already

Offline steadyrippin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:36 PM »
anyone kno how this fishin is at mission by the fort

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #68 on: Jan 09, 2009, 01:14 AM »
those who think you need 4x4 cant drive, i was out today on both missiion and echo in my 86 f150 2wd and i managed fine i blazed my own trail after i got onto the lake no problem. i tried the far east end of echo early this mornin till bout 9;30 and couldn't get a bite to save my life, then i tried the fishery for three hours and same problem, ventured over to b-say-tah for about an hour and only had two smalll hits. around 1 i hit up mission by the ski hill and stayed there until about 8, it was really hit and miss i only seen two fish caught and got skunked myself. i will be out tomorrow on either echo, mission or pasqua most likely echo by the fishery. anybody heading out onto the chain lakes tomorow give us a fishing report. hopefully the ol' green beast (my f150) doesnt have any problems bustin a new trail with this new snow we are getting tonight. will report back tomorrow night, i hope tomorrow is better than my season opener today :-[ look for a beat up green ford tomorrow if your headin out, it will have a pilsner flag in back window, drop by and say hi, till then tight lines

-Big Burk :tipup:

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Jan 09, 2009, 05:36 AM »
tank you burk for saying what i wandted to say but wouldnt lololololololol after taking my dads  explorer out last year ..... it sucks .... i think i am better off in my car

i unno i remember when i was a kid there were always people who got stuck with 4x4 there still are to this day and your right ... they just have to learn how todrive a lil better lol

better luck next time burk !!!!

Offline BOONER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:34 AM »
Where do you get on the ice to get to the Hatchery on Echo?  going to head out there tmr and try my luck.  Thanks

Offline heiz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Jan 09, 2009, 01:02 PM »
When i c u guys stuck i wont be pulling u out lol. Its not that guys cant drive who have a 4x4 were just not gooffy enough to go out there with a 2 wheel drive!!

Offline Perch Master

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish with a Vex, or get skunked like the rest.
« Reply #72 on: Jan 09, 2009, 01:06 PM »
When i c u guys stuck i wont be pulling u out lol. Its not that guys cant drive who have a 4x4 were just not gooffy enough to go out there with a 2 wheel drive!!

That is not very nice heiz....you can still pull them out, just let them shovel for an hour or so first... ;D  jj.

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 09, 2009, 04:39 PM »
Or you might see spoxick walking across the lake again lol... I bought a new tow rope just for him..

Offline saskman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • team CanAm
« Reply #74 on: Jan 09, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Nope as long as I go he will be riding in class...........YES he does have a friend lmao
go to taxidermy, mount it on the wall

Offline steadyrippin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 09, 2009, 05:29 PM »
well got out today hit mission first thing in mornin caught 5 tulibe headed to echo about 2, lots of little perch bitin, was fishin about 20 ft water i think im gunna try ketepwa sunday in search for some jumbos had no problem plowin trails in the rav 4

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Jan 09, 2009, 05:32 PM »
I TOLD YAH THAT YOU WOULD BE FINE

and people think they need 4x4s already ..... its sad when they think that and there is a caliber and a little rav 4 out there lmao

and for anyone who was thinking you need a 4x4 if you have gone onto echo from the old hospitol  south east end of the lake .... if you have gone out recently you know how the ruts are and always are ..... well i put my car through it and was fine lol

sorry for the rant  it just bugs me when every one is 4x4 4x4 4x4 .... well no lol

Offline steadyrippin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Jan 09, 2009, 05:47 PM »
way to many little perch but i guess that could be good for the future anyone know a good place on ketepwa

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #78 on: Jan 10, 2009, 02:19 AM »
didn't make it out today unfortunately but am heading out saturday and sunday. hopefully the bite will be good. and just to clear some things up with ppl who are in controversy over the 4x4 topic, i myself have two 4x4's a 1994 Ford F150 and a 1992 GMC 2500 and usually im out in my 94 f150 but when your water pump seizes and the fan goes through the rad it can cost a fair penny to fix and my the GMC doesnt like to start in the cold so i aint messing around with that till there is absolutely to much snow to drive a 2wd on. so those who think you absolutely need a 4x4 please take some driving lessons and those who think you dont need it but is a nice thing to have just incase, glad your on the same team as me. sorry for the rant just people who cant drive on the ice irritate me. hope to hear some reports back tomorrow from everyone headin out. Tight lines

-Big Burk :tipup:

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #79 on: Jan 10, 2009, 02:32 AM »
and for the record, i love my 4x4 besides fishing offroading is my other favorite past time so those who think i am against 4x4's got me all wrong, you just dont need one at all times. i miss my 4x4 alot but 2wd get the job done
gotta start fixing my baby gonna need it after a few more snow falls

btw i wasnt stuck there i made it up after another attemp  ;D

Offline saskman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • team CanAm
« Reply #80 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:46 AM »
Well I am making the treck out there to see what all the fuss is about on these lakes hope I come home with some fish, or at least some fish stories...Burk I will be lookin for yah.
go to taxidermy, mount it on the wall

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #81 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:54 AM »
when you going i am headin there from regina in about an hour what type of vehicle you drive? look for an old green ford f150 extened cab

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #82 on: Jan 10, 2009, 09:39 AM »
me and saskman are going out  i think he is in a reddish 4x4 FORD lol sorry im a ford man we are heading out to i think basayta for a bit to see if we can pick up some more walleye i found some there before but was out on wed and they werer only looking so we will try again other then that im not too sure the possibiliets of spots on those lakes are endless   and burk me and you gotta go out on day too i was fishing over buy your shack last year when your sled wouldnt start and stuff went out a fair amount and never seen you out there lol

Offline steadyrippin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Jan 10, 2009, 02:44 PM »
hammered perch all mornin ketepwa beach all around 10 inches definately goin back tomo

Offline t-tot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Jan 10, 2009, 05:55 PM »
We hammered walleye and perch all day today, on echo and one 16lb pike.  If you stay on the trails you don't need 4x4 but if you make your own trails like i did you need a 4x4 sorry.

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:13 PM »
were bouts on echo where you t tot me asaskman and his two kids were on echo we were at basata for a bit them out in front of the hatchery in a grey ford

Offline fishjn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:21 PM »
were bouts on echo where you t tot me asaskman and his two kids were on echo we were at basata for a bit them out in front of the hatchery in a grey ford

anyone been to pasqua?

Offline steadyrippin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:33 PM »
you guys do good today spoxick?

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:19 PM »
nah realllllll slow 3 walleye 2 went back were too small one we kept and caught a dozen and a half tullis

Offline Leroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:28 PM »
hammered perch all mornin ketepwa beach all around 10 inches definately goin back tomo

Oh man...I was going to go to Katepwa.  Decided to fish Echo and had a really slow day (probably a dozen small Perch).  I'm honestly so frustrated with that lake that I probably won't fish it for the rest of the winter season.  Katepwa is usually my go-to lake come February/March.  

I see that others were catching on Echo.  Where were you?  I was on the provincial park side near Standing Buffalo.

Still thinking about trying Glen Harbour sometime soon as it is a much shorter drive from Lumsden.  

Lastly - anyone without 4x4 would have had trouble in some of the spots I was in today.  I understand that 4x4 isn't always needed - but it is clearly and undeniably an asset out on the lake.  

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.