Author Topic: Qu'Apelle Lakes  (Read 57884 times)

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Qu'Apelle Lakes
« Reply #30 on: Dec 28, 2012, 08:00 PM »
Anyone having more luck at Lutherland yet? Thinking about hitting Pasqua sunday afternoon.

talked to a couple guys that were there yesterday and today they said it was pretty dead over there

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 28, 2012, 08:15 PM »
was out at the shack again today on pasqua caught lots of small eyes and a nice burbot on the  tip up. my son had something big that snaped the line in about a second prob a big pike.

Offline gobigorgohomenow101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 29, 2012, 10:21 PM »
What lake are walleye biting on how? Heading out tomorrow morning!

Offline killemfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 30, 2012, 08:19 AM »
Seems like it is off and on on most lakes? Had good luck on Katepwa and Crooked than went back out a few more times and it was dead! Echo was dead on Thursday. ??? :)

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 30, 2012, 05:43 PM »
Was out today on Pasqua for the day, my brother and uncle managed 2 decent 24" pike. Moved to Echo around 1:00 and walked out around Fort San, manged 4 good sized perch but I looked down the hole and saw some fish just swimming away from the lake. As we were leaving saw two guys taking pictures of us, our vehicle and our licence plate, I am not sure what that was about but it seemed a little weird. Anyone else ever have this happen to them as they were fishing?

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 30, 2012, 07:05 PM »
was out at the shack yesterday and today caught a pile of tiny walleye 2 keepers, 2 30 inch pike and 2 small ones, and 4 burbot which 2 where over 5 pounds and one tulie. can't find the perch though

Offline killemfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 30, 2012, 07:40 PM »
Are you on east side of Pasqua off the boat launch? Or Lutherland?

Offline Roughrider24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 30, 2012, 08:39 PM »
Was out at pasqua today with a buddy manger 18 Burbot, 1 pike and and 1 small Walleye. It was crazy how many burbot we were getting most were under 4lbs but had one 9lber. Got to test out my new marcum camera and the lake floor was crawling with burbot and the odd pike.

At one point my buddy and I were both changing hooks and the camera showed a massive school of.Walleye pass through however we must have missed them/they were on a mission somewhere.

Didn't see a single perch on the cam, last year perch were all I could find.

Offline CanAmCory

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:01 PM »
Was out today on Pasqua for the day, my brother and uncle managed 2 decent 24" pike. Moved to Echo around 1:00 and walked out around Fort San, manged 4 good sized perch but I looked down the hole and saw some fish just swimming away from the lake. As we were leaving saw two guys taking pictures of us, our vehicle and our licence plate, I am not sure what that was about but it seemed a little weird. Anyone else ever have this happen to them as they were fishing?

I would have approached them and asked what their deal was.... I don't care who's who I don't like my vehicle or anything being photographed. You mind your business and I'll mind mind.

IMO

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 30, 2012, 11:51 PM »
Are you on east side of Pasqua off the boat launch? Or Lutherland?

east side

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 30, 2012, 11:55 PM »
Was out at pasqua today with a buddy manger 18 Burbot, 1 pike and and 1 small Walleye. It was crazy how many burbot we were getting most were under 4lbs but had one 9lber. Got to test out my new marcum camera and the lake floor was crawling with burbot and the odd pike.

At one point my buddy and I were both changing hooks and the camera showed a massive school of.Walleye pass through however we must have missed them/they were on a mission somewhere.

Didn't see a single perch on the cam, last year perch were all I could find.

i agree i have never caught burbot like this at this time of year

Offline MrBuckShot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 31, 2012, 04:55 PM »
was out the other day in buddys camper i got a 12 pound burbot lots of smaller ones couple pike over 8 pounds and lots of walleye 18-24" long couple perch not many fishing around the 450 address on pasqua grey camper with deer horns on the front

Offline pickle84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 01, 2013, 12:10 PM »
ive never fished pasqua can anyone point me in the rite direction?? north side south side close to fort san etc????
You to can be like Jesus and walk on water ICE FISH!!!!

You will never know your friends from your enemies until the ice breaks!

Offline YoungGun96

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 01, 2013, 06:10 PM »
ive never fished pasqua can anyone point me in the rite direction?? north side south side close to fort san etc????
I don't fish pasqua that often but fort san is on echo lake and not pasqua, echo by fort san though has had a fair bit of burbot and we've had some good luck for perch there already, perch will only get better as the season goes on!

Offline Gkomo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 01, 2013, 07:25 PM »
We fished pasqua today me and a buddy and between the 2 of us we caught 20 fish. All went back we caught 5 jumbos  1 10" 2 burbot. 1  4 or 5 lb walleye we never weighed and the rest were walleye . We were on the north side far east last place to drive on down steep launch . Tks

Offline mix123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:45 AM »
Where do you guys get on near fort san...Ive driven around there and can't figure it out....

Offline treeplucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:43 AM »
any one having sucess at katepwa, I have found it really slow , they nibble away till they steal your bait then bugger off? ???

Offline bizon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:57 AM »
tried out there not much luck either, but was out at pasqua the past 3 days and have caught lots of fish. actually lookimg at heading out there today but may try lml.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:55 AM »
Where do you guys get on near fort san...Ive driven around there and can't figure it out....

You go right through the town. You'll see a little park with swings and stuff, follow that road down to the water. At least that is where I drove on the last few years, I haven't yet this year.

Offline Fish4it123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:04 PM »
Haven't heard too much a out Misson this year. Anyone having any luck out there?  And whats the best way to get on to the ice?

Offline MrBuckShot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Jan 03, 2013, 09:44 AM »
paqua was slow yesterday got 11 eyes 12 pike 1 perch and 4 dogs far west end

Offline silvah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • the fish killer
« Reply #51 on: Jan 03, 2013, 02:42 PM »
Hit Pasqua last weekend. Walleyes under 16" all around with a few nicer ones scattered. Pike and burbot around as well. Have not seen many perch.

...kept 18 of the smaller eyes for my fish tank at home.

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #52 on: Jan 03, 2013, 05:55 PM »
...kept 18 of the smaller eyes for my fish tank at home.

;D
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline BallsOut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 03, 2013, 06:16 PM »
hey silvah 18 walleye don't matter how small they were 4 is the limit and you cant have wild fish with out a licence in a private pond or tank trout are fine but just giving a heads up maybe watch what u say sometimes. But the bite has been slow on mission all year been fishing everyweekend but what u do catch is big. Keep those hooks sharp boys peace

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 03, 2013, 06:42 PM »
caught my pb today just under 40 inches. caught measured and released

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #55 on: Jan 03, 2013, 11:47 PM »
hey silvah 18 walleye don't matter how small they were 4 is the limit and you cant have wild fish with out a licence in a private pond or tank trout are fine but just giving a heads up maybe watch what u say sometimes. But the bite has been slow on mission all year been fishing everyweekend but what u do catch is big. Keep those hooks sharp boys peace

Pretty sure he was joking bud.

"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline caribou1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Jan 04, 2013, 07:08 AM »
 :icefish: :icefish:Iced a couple eyes and some perch on echo. Pretty slow!

Offline BallsOut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Jan 04, 2013, 06:14 PM »
Joking or not nun of us want the DNR in are house just from something that got said. On another note hit up the ol family private dugout that no one fishes anymore personal best rainbow was caught 23'' hope to post pics asap but keep those hooks sharp boys peace

Offline Leroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Jan 04, 2013, 07:31 PM »
Joking or not nun of us want the DNR in are house just from something that got said. On another note hit up the ol family private dugout that no one fishes anymore personal best rainbow was caught 23'' hope to post pics asap but keep those hooks sharp boys peace

I was laughing at your reaction as well. This forum can be ridiculous sometimes.  As if this guy is keeping fish in his aquarium...and if he is...as if anyone on this forum is liable but him. Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmon guys.  Pure comedy. 

Offline MJP1980

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Gettin jiggy with it... In a non perverted way!
« Reply #59 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:19 PM »
been out the last 3 weekends on Echo, and right by the store we are having good luck with the Perch and Walleye. They are hitting the mud bugs with minnow heads and once we switched to eyes the bite was on! That being said bought a new auger the Jiffy 4g 10 inch and she's a real pain in the A** to start in the cold ???... any suggestions or information would be appreciated!
Fish, sleep, hunt, fish sleep, beer, fish, hunt, hunt, hunt, fish, sleep, beer.... Repeat as often as needed!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.