Author Topic: Last Mountain Lake 2012-2013  (Read 89822 times)

Offline markova

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Last Mountain Lake 2012-2013
« Reply #60 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:13 PM »
Anybody checked out Collingwood yet?

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:33 PM »
mike like i said darwin ..... lol what ever happend to you fishing the ftq chain hard core ? finally getting tired of all those minnows trying to move up to the big girls ?

Offline The Spoon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:46 PM »
Thats why i started fishing Lml. Although we did not to bad for fish in the 2-5lb range one 6lber! got my Personal bests outta Lml last winter and summer!

Offline silvah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • the fish killer
« Reply #63 on: Dec 03, 2012, 10:00 PM »
Break out the lead core folks

Offline The Spoon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Dec 03, 2012, 10:05 PM »
For bringing up the trucks or fish? hahaha

MikeMiller

« Reply #65 on: Dec 04, 2012, 02:44 AM »
buddys wife aunt has a cabin at island view wanted to try it out i was game i dont care wee i fish as long as im fishing

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:20 AM »
Fishing for your duramax If your not careful. 

MikeMiller

« Reply #67 on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:56 AM »
whos got a duramax lol i drive a cummins hahaha

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #68 on: Dec 04, 2012, 01:23 PM »
Fishing for your duramax If your not careful.

Mike doesent have a real diesel yet.  :P

I had mine on the ice this weekend but I didnt take it too far, it will be a couple weeks yet before I would risk going any real distance. Drilled a few holes that still had some serious thin spots.

I talked to the guy that leases the land on the north side of the barn and he said its a no go for making a trail through there. Its posted no tresspassing so theres not much a guy can do, not sure who went through there but they probably beat the hell out of their truck with all the rocks burried under the snow.
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Dec 04, 2012, 01:34 PM »
I was trying not to embarrass you.   

Offline emmysdad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Dec 04, 2012, 01:52 PM »
Folks;

Last year spent a fair bit of time at Buffalo Pound, Mission, Echo and Pasqua but never at LML.  Growing up as a kid, I used to go to the bible camp near the provincial park, and as an adult we've camped at the provincial park and the regional park, but I've never ice fished this lake.  This season, marks the second year of ice fishing for my father and law and myself.  We would like to explore fishing at LML, however, I don't know anything at all about this lake. 

We are thinking of going with a group tomorrow (Wed) to Rowans, but not sure where specifically to go around there?    I'll head out earlier in the day and our friends will join us later, so having some idea of how to communicate where we are, so they can find us would be appreciated.

Are folks fishing just off the boat launch, or is there a better place to go?

I'd like to get any advice and inputs, and I do understand you all have your 'secret' spots, so before I get blasted, I'm not asking you to spill those confidences.

Thanks in advance all....

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Dec 04, 2012, 03:20 PM »
I lost the ability to hunt land and so did everyone else because one group wrecked fence.  Its to bad that one person or group can ruin access to hunting/ fishing areas for everyone.

The farmer/s around the stone barn should run a shuttle service, consession and washrooms. He/they could also post on here how awesome the bite is.  I'd love a ride to the lake and hot burgers while fishing it could be like a mini derby everday.

There could be a ring set up for the buckshot vs. PK guys to prove who's the best.  Last of all maybe blast gangnam style over some loud speakers to get anyone's attention who has not shown up to the best thing to ice fishing since the 2 1/2 gallon bucket was doubled in size.
Blake from Elbow

Offline swc21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Dec 04, 2012, 03:43 PM »
HAHAHA poorfisherman that would be awesome! very funny tho!

anyone have any information on the ice conditions at grandview? thx in advance.

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:21 PM »
that would be awesome however count me in only if its FERGALICIOUS by fergie and they sell cotton candy along the magical ride to the lake

MikeMiller

« Reply #74 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:26 PM »
i would not be embarassed driving a dodge or chevy i would be in a ford though or in your case a mini van  :P

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:52 PM »
we have had this debate mike ... my toys are far sufficent for me even though it may be a mini van and an old quad but the family makes up for the lack of toys

Offline Jmiverson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:56 PM »
How is the ice at wee too? Is that a decent spot around Christmas for eyes?

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Dec 04, 2012, 08:53 PM »
Before any of you guys take the word of some guy off the interweb I suggest you just go ask the farmer who has the land on the stone barn. If you are polite, respect his land and close gates I'm sure you wont have any issues. Some guys  seem to think they own the entire bay around the stone barn and access to it  ::) Reminds of alot of deer hunters tricks.

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #78 on: Dec 05, 2012, 12:00 PM »
Before any of you guys take the word of some guy off the interweb I suggest you just go ask the farmer who has the land on the stone barn. If you are polite, respect his land and close gates I'm sure you wont have any issues. Some guys  seem to think they own the entire bay around the stone barn and access to it  ::) Reminds of alot of deer hunters tricks.

If you dont believe any of the 3 people that told you its blocked off then why dont you go talk to him for yourself before sending good folks down there to waste their time and then you can give everyone on here a non-biased update. Im not sure what you feel I have to gain exactly, I havent fished there this year and likely wont so by all means.. be my guest. Every time you have ever PM'd me asking questions I've given you honest information so im not sure exactly what you want me to say. Quit beating a dead horse, get off the computer and go have a look for yourself.

Whats it matter anyways? If you really want to go there you can just walk in or quad/sled the shorelines. Its no worse than some of the other spots we have to walk to at first ice. Its not like this spot is inaccessible, anyone can get there if they want to bad enough.

Offline silvah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • the fish killer
« Reply #79 on: Dec 05, 2012, 12:06 PM »
I prefer a helicopter

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #80 on: Dec 05, 2012, 12:10 PM »
I prefer a helicopter

Hovercraft, dont even need to touch the ice.

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Dec 05, 2012, 12:55 PM »
If you dont believe any of the 3 people that told you its blocked off then why dont you go talk to him for yourself before sending good folks down there to waste their time and then you can give everyone on here a non-biased update. Im not sure what you feel I have to gain exactly, I havent fished there this year and likely wont so by all means.. be my guest. Every time you have ever PM'd me asking questions I've given you honest information so im not sure exactly what you want me to say. Quit beating a dead horse, get off the computer and go have a look for yourself.

Whats it matter anyways? If you really want to go there you can just walk in or quad/sled the shorelines. Its no worse than some of the other spots we have to walk to at first ice. Its not like this spot is inaccessible, anyone can get there if they want to bad enough.

I'm not gonna ask him myself because frankly I don't really care. I don't need to be out on dangerous ice, I do recall last year a guy breaking through and dying.
If I'm beating a dead horse by suggesting people go and ask for permission then so be it. Its guys that take the word of "some guy" on the net that get into trouble.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack is always toasty, Beer is always cold.
« Reply #82 on: Dec 05, 2012, 01:45 PM »
I'm not gonna ask him myself because frankly I don't really care. I don't need to be out on dangerous ice, I do recall last year a guy breaking through and dying.
If I'm beating a dead horse by suggesting people go and ask for permission then so be it. Its guys that take the word of "some guy" on the net that get into trouble.

How would they "get in trouble" what was said by "some guy on the net" is that it's posted private property and not useable.

What do you consider safe ice? From reports I have had from friends who fished the Barn there on Sunday it is over 7", hell if that's not safe then what the heck was I doing on 3" back on November 4th???  ::) The "safe ice" definition is different for everyone but come on, to say 7" is unsafe is a bit much.

Offline The Spoon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Dec 05, 2012, 02:30 PM »
Wish that i had bought that hover board from that "Back To The Future" auction when i had the chance!

Offline swc21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Dec 05, 2012, 02:46 PM »
can we please talk about fishing LML instead of arguing with one another. i used to like this site. it was good information and friendly chat. seems like everytime i log on here lately there is fighting or arguing. relax, you problably dont even know eachother, quit taking offence of other peoples opinions. in other words grow up!

now can we talk about the FISHING now!!!!

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #85 on: Dec 05, 2012, 02:53 PM »
I so want out of this argument, haha.

Cliff notes:

- Barn gate is blocked off, permission wont get you through the gate unless you can get over a huge snow pile, no tresspassing posted on the other side. Still accessible by other means.

- Ice varies in thickness and different folks will have different opinions on whats safe, never take someones word over the internet on ice conditions, check for yourselves to ensure safety.

- Hovercrafts, hoverboards and helicopters would be the ideal transportation right now but quads, sleds and feet will suffice.

- Duramax > Cummins

- Be respectful of others and ensure proper handling of fish.

This should sum up this 5 page mess so far, happy fishing.

Offline CanAmCory

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Dec 05, 2012, 03:19 PM »
I so want out of this argument, haha.

Cliff notes:

- Barn gate is blocked off, permission wont get you through the gate unless you can get over a huge snow pile, no tresspassing posted on the other side. Still accessible by other means.

- Ice varies in thickness and different folks will have different opinions on whats safe, never take someones word over the internet on ice conditions, check for yourselves to ensure safety.

- Hovercrafts, hoverboards and helicopters would be the ideal transportation right now but quads, sleds and feet will suffice.

- Duramax > Cummins

- Be respectful of others and ensure proper handling of fish.

This should sum up this 5 page mess so far, happy fishing.

Sounds legit, that's what I got out of it. Glad I drive a duramax! Haha

Offline MRFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hurry Up ICE!!!
« Reply #87 on: Dec 05, 2012, 05:46 PM »
Where I was fishing there was 10 inches of ice. There were two trucks closer to shore. I used my sled. As the day was ended I threw on that 2 letter lure everyone was all in a puff about last year for about a hour and a half and caught over 20 eyes. Trouble is that they were all 12 - 13 inches. Threw them all back of course but at least it shows fishing is going to be great next year. My question is do you think I should have changed the size/color of the lure or moved spots to find the bigger eyes?

Offline The Spoon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Dec 05, 2012, 06:32 PM »
What size of PK were ya using?

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #89 on: Dec 05, 2012, 06:39 PM »
I have found that the fish tend to school in class size. So if your catching dinks that's all you'll get unless you move or they do.
Blake from Elbow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.