Author Topic: Last Mountain Lake 2012-2013  (Read 89823 times)

Offline Gumper27

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Last Mountain Lake 2012-2013
« Reply #30 on: Nov 28, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Was out at little arm on Monday and it was just shy of 12 " where we were and then went to Regina Beach it was 8 -10"  Lots of shacks out there.  I wouldn't recommend driving out but its not that far of a walk anyways.

Offline gonefishingMJ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Nov 29, 2012, 02:16 PM »
just had customers who I trust in the store were at stone barn had to walk in farmer has blocked access , they caught a number of eye's the biggest 5.5 lbs on mormyshka spoons he just came in for more .
The ice is 3" but he said its good quality black ice lots of snaps and cracks but safe for walking in on .
Access is going to be a issue at stone barn this year from the sound of things .
Charles

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #32 on: Nov 29, 2012, 02:38 PM »
Its private property and you're not supposed to go in there at all without permission, the man has his cattle in there and it seems like lots of people dont know how to close a gate.

Its likely blocked because the snow is too deep to get through anyways and he doesent want people tearing up his trail/needing to get pulled out with a tractor.

Very long walk to get there this year, and I wouldnt risk going on that lake with 3 inches of ice, one windy day and you could be in a world of trouble. That corner of the lake was open water 7 days ago.

Do you think your trusted customer would really want you telling people where he is fishing and what he's using on the internet?
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline gonefishingMJ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Nov 29, 2012, 02:59 PM »
Layne my trusted customer is a nice person who grasps the concept of sharing ;) most of my customers are very happy to help others find out where to fish and  what to use .
The customer in question was unable to find the spoons in question for more than 2 years regina stores told him they were no longer made , he happened into the shop as I unpacked a box from the russian federation .
He has been in 3 times in 2 days let it be said he here if any of my customers do not want me to share information with others to make there expericnce more enjoyable please do let me know this far not 1 person has suggested that I not share information on spots to fish .
I guess maybe all the walleye will get caught and none will be left for me if I tell you all where to fish !  sounds like 3 year old logic !
Charles

Offline gonefishingMJ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Nov 29, 2012, 03:08 PM »
Just spoke to 1 of the customers yes they always close the gate this year snow has been piled up in front of the gate to prevent entry understandable , the farmer in the past has stated he does not mind as long as the gate gets closed .
And to confirm the trusted customer does not mind me sharing the information 1 bit that is why he shared it with a person in a fishing store  ;) .
I hope that the information has prevented some nice people from driving to the gate to learn that access is a no go this year .
I will continue to share any and all info that is shared with me periodically you are also welcome to call me and let me know how things are going for you so that I can share that info with others .
Thanks Charles

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #35 on: Nov 29, 2012, 04:05 PM »
Hi guys,
Do any of you know what the ice thickness is like and the ice fishing at the N end {Regional Park area}? ???

WW

Offline gonefishingMJ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Nov 29, 2012, 04:58 PM »
I had a customer in from govan last week said the ice was 6" and safe to walk on in the park area that is the only confirmation I have had on decent ice at that end of the lake .
I am thinking about going that way on sunday myself .
Charles

Offline linesnapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Nov 29, 2012, 09:57 PM »
Layne my trusted customer is a nice person who grasps the concept of sharing ;) most of my customers are very happy to help others find out where to fish and  what to use .
The customer in question was unable to find the spoons in question for more than 2 years regina stores told him they were no longer made , he happened into the shop as I unpacked a box from the russian federation .
He has been in 3 times in 2 days let it be said he here if any of my customers do not want me to share information with others to make there expericnce more enjoyable please do let me know this far not 1 person has suggested that I not share information on spots to fish .
I guess maybe all the walleye will get caught and none will be left for me if I tell you all where to fish !  sounds like 3 year old logic !
Charles

Yes it is nice to share information on hot spots. For safety reasons I would keep those hot spots to my self until you see 24" of solid ice. Or you end up with situation like last year were you have a hundred guys fishing the same spot drilling a thousand holes. The Ice blows out and the only way back toshore is a ladder over open water.

Keep it safe

Offline Bobinski

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Nov 30, 2012, 08:44 AM »
its not the fact that you can catch all the fish, charles, its a safety issue on early ice and everyone piling into the same area.  Ask you "customers" if they would mind showing up at the stone barn(or any spot) to find 30 shacks all plowed in one area.. i'm not using logic from three years ago but when people ask for advice just tell them to get out there and fish.. fish really aren't that smart.. also, tell 'em its called "fishing" not "catching" cause u gotta get out there and try!!  (then u can remind them of all the other cheesy cliches like, a bad day fishin is better than a good day at work) i dont think telling everyone the same fishing spot and selling everyone the same hook is necessarily good advice anyways. on that note... who's up for the stone barn this weekend??!!

Offline fishinwilly4g63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 30, 2012, 08:51 AM »
Wow, LML sure does fire up the emotions on some of you guys.

If there's hundreds of people on 3 inches of ice, then if something unfortunate happens its just weeding the weak minded out of the population, smart people will find safe ice to fish.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent

Offline Bobinski

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Nov 30, 2012, 08:59 AM »
natural selection!! i agree some people smart like dump truck. I'm not a big fan of sitting in my shack only to hear what sounds like a nascar race out on the ice.. people go flying by at ridiculous speeds all the time past other shacks and that can get frustrating to say the least.. also, when people come back saying that spot & certain hook didnt work, you can always up-sell them on a brand new shiny flasher!!

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Nov 30, 2012, 09:12 AM »
What a bunch of whiny old men... The Drama of fishing on Last Mountain  ::)

Who cares if someone fishes on thin ice..Who cares if they drive fast on the ice.. or how many holes are drilled in a certain area. This discussion reminds me of my last visit at the old folks home seeing my Grandma...nothing but complaining and nattering from 90 year delusional seniors.

Offline fishinwilly4g63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Nov 30, 2012, 09:47 AM »
LOL @ darkwater777, that was priceless!

Every year it's the same drama on this lake, you local guys need to stress less, there's lotsa lake to fish and if there's people in your favourite spot then I guess it's time to suck it up and find somewhere else to fish!

I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Nov 30, 2012, 10:20 AM »
haha yup.. and seriously bait and tackle shop owners have been giving out info since the dark ages.  it's what brings the suckers..err i mean the customers back.

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #44 on: Nov 30, 2012, 12:29 PM »
I agree well said darkwater! What a bunch of cry babies on this thread. The stone barn weetoo sarnia and the other 40 spots where the walleyes are biting are not secrets anymore on this lake fish it hard keep some eaters snap some photos of the hogs and RELEASE them so we all can have FUN and experience good times with are kids friends and family. RM topography maps will show that there is a road allowance almost right to the stone barn so it is not private property Layne so get your facts right before you rant! The farmer has no right to lock that gate we as people have pissed him off by leaving it open or driving everywhere we want through his fields causing this problem. Easy solution fish somewhere else cry babies!

Chill out buddy, I guess you needed to put your 2 cents in too. Thanks for that.

You still need to cross a quarter section of his land in the end so I would say he does have the right to close it off at the gate so people dont get stuck 4 kilometers down the trail where its harder to recover them, sucks for everyone, myself included but it is what is it and I know guys have already gotten stuck trying to get through so thats likely why its closed off. A good buddy of mine owns the land on the other side of the barn and we are going to try make a trail through there but there's a really deep ravine on that side too which will likely make it impossible as well. I will let everyone know how that works out, until then he asks that nobody tries tearing through his field to get around the back side as the snow is very deep and he doesent want to have to pull guys out. You're right killem and grillem we did it to ourselves, I cant tell you how many times I had to close gates people left open last year then even repaired his gate for him in march when people left it in ruins.

I have no problem sharing information, thats why I started this thread. Ive met many good friends through iceshanty the last three years and always look forward to seeing them on the ice but if you seen the slaughter of big fish that took place out there last year you would understand why some guys dont want it advertised(especially by fishing stores just trying to make a buck). It was disgusting how many fish were killed on one day alone.. Big fish, not just eating sizes. Its not the guys that are out there every weekend that are the problem, its the flocks of people that get info off sites like this that are just trying to cash in on an easy bite, last year was a perfect example and thoses who were actually there to see it would agree. Some guys have no shame and think just because they drove 2+ hours to get there they can inch right up on your spots to try and catch some fish as well, im not talking the same area, im talking about parking right beside you and drilling right through your holes. Theres a 100km of lake there, theres no need to fish that tight to anyone, especially not when thoses people get there well before the sun comes up to secure a good spot. Im starting to understand why the Tobin guys hate this website so much.

Anyways, im done arguing over this, not sure why this has to turn into a huge pissing match every single year. Im leaving now to spend three days at the farm and fishing my favorite lake, good luck to everyone that gets out this weekend and I will report back if it is possible to get through from either side.
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Nov 30, 2012, 12:32 PM »
Ill just fish where no one else is for a half mile around  with the up sold Pks since I already have a flasher and the pks always hook perfectly in the corner of the mouth for pics.

Can't this forum go back to what it was ? No wonder why some of the good old posters have vanished to lurkers.  no on can say anything with out getting a mouthful.   Get off your asses go fishing and find out crap for yourselfs.  That's how it used to be.   If you want to ice fish through the lives of others on here just download pro plikki shut up and let the rest of us do what we like to do and go fishing.   Just keep clicking that mouse instead. 

And If I pissed some of you off .. o well ill be a half mile away. 

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Nov 30, 2012, 12:39 PM »
just thought of something else ....

Trolling .... we cant do it in winter so its amazing how many people start trolling in another form ....

just google it

Trolling:
 Trolling is trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness. However, trolling statements are never true or are ever meant to be construed as such. Nearly all trolled statements are meant to be funny to some people, so it does have some social/entertainment value but tend to offend many others.

Offline mikey498

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Nov 30, 2012, 08:41 PM »
just had customers who I trust in the store were at stone barn had to walk in farmer has blocked access , they caught a number of eye's the biggest 5.5 lbs on mormyshka spoons he just came in for more .
The ice is 3" but he said its good quality black ice lots of snaps and cracks but safe for walking in on .
Access is going to be a issue at stone barn this year from the sound of things .
Charles

The past couple years have been like that according to everyone I talk to.  The farmer was having issues with people leaving the gate open so he said no more.
The worst day ice fishing is still better than your best day at work!

Offline beach bum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Dec 01, 2012, 12:11 AM »
there were three guys fishing south end of the barn this aft the truck was parked at the top of the hill

Offline Benjamin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Dec 01, 2012, 12:16 PM »
Has anyone been fishing at regina beach? If so are you catching anything?

Offline beach bum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Dec 01, 2012, 03:25 PM »
   7" thick near Glen Harbor   ::)

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Dec 01, 2012, 09:54 PM »
5 trucks on at kinok today including a super duty..... Amazed that all 5 were still floating when I left

Offline eyecatcher00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 01, 2012, 11:45 PM »
any fish down at little arm

Offline jagger_ca

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Dec 02, 2012, 10:52 AM »
trucks on already, looks like the season of fishing guys out of long lake is starting early this year

Offline beach bum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Dec 02, 2012, 01:13 PM »

I fell through a heave last year so the first time on the ice was a little nerve wracking so going on the ice with a truck will have to wait for a bit lol

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Dec 02, 2012, 05:50 PM »
hate to think negitive but i think darwin will get 2 before the new year

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #56 on: Dec 03, 2012, 01:56 PM »
I had a customer in from govan last week said the ice was 6" and safe to walk on in the park area that is the only confirmation I have had on decent ice at that end of the lake .
I am thinking about going that way on sunday myself .
Charles

Thanks for the update gomfishingMJ. :)
Did you get out to the N end on Sunday, and was the trip worth it? ???

WW

Offline walleye-militia

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Dec 03, 2012, 07:05 PM »
Heading to LML on the 22nd around the Arlington Beach area for an early family Christmas.  Just curious if anybody ever fishes the area during the winter? Any info would be very much appreciated!

MikeMiller

« Reply #58 on: Dec 03, 2012, 07:30 PM »
was out on island view got 11 eyes 3 over 19" lots of perch and pike seen 3 trucks side by side was fricking cold out so i decided to drive the old cummins on the water was sketchy as a mother fricker lol door open crapting my pants 10-11 inches of ice gonna be out all weekend :)

Offline fishfinder1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Dec 03, 2012, 08:11 PM »
heard today 1 truck went down in some cattails on nov. 23.   by triple t beach.  a guy i fished beside said he seen a trackhoe
diggin by some cattails last weekend.

he couldnt figure out what he was diggin,until he found out today the guy was yankin his 3/4 ton truk out.guess he came off some pasture or farmland
onto the lake. too much snow in cattails keepin the ice thin....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.