Author Topic: A friendly (non-bashing) Last Mountain discussion  (Read 42718 times)

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: A friendly Last Mountain discussion
« Reply #30 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:19 PM »
CJME just posted on twitter 2 quads were on the ice and 1 went thru and the other driver wasn't able to pull him out.  The dive team will be getting their stuff up there to try to recover the body.  It's a senseless waste of a life.
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline jagger_ca

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 10, 2011, 06:25 PM »
6-7 inches of ice is not enough, especially with the warm temperatures today.  Weak spots everywhere!

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #32 on: Dec 10, 2011, 08:23 PM »
Damn thats unfortunate, we could hear the sirens and I thought that was odd but I didnt hear what happened until we were getting off. A guys got to be careful out there. It must have happened south of grandview as there was open water there last weekend.
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline mountainguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 10, 2011, 08:54 PM »
There was open water north of there too.

Offline steadyrippin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 10, 2011, 10:52 PM »
anyone know if alice or wee too is solid  yet

Offline mountainguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 10, 2011, 11:05 PM »
I wouldnt go anywhere on lml  right now.

Offline Frozenhole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Dec 10, 2011, 11:23 PM »
I texted a buddy today who has a cabin at grandview and was fishin to find out how he was doin and he said the ice was 10"  sad to here about this accident.  Almost hard to believe that a quad would go thru,  but LML can have many weak areas of ice.  I was planning on fishing grandview this weekend but I worked insted.  After this incident,  I think I'll wait a few more weeks. 

Offline sask boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 10, 2011, 11:57 PM »
Fish Kinookima today caught a dandy over 10:) and 3 to take home for supper.
there is no more than 8" of ice not real good to be driving on at the arm and coming around the corner that flows and has to be week. Hope that there is no more accidents as what happened up at Grandview is such a waste.

Offline walleye protector

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 11, 2011, 07:27 AM »
ALICE just froze up on tues.

Offline gobigorgohomenow101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 11, 2011, 09:57 AM »
Hi, I have only really fished the Quapelle lakes my entire life, in the summer an in the winter time. I was thinking about heading to Kinookimaw today, is it right off the beach you can go there? Or what? I'd really appriciate some help, thankyou!

Offline sask boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Dec 11, 2011, 01:47 PM »
We See the parking area going straight down and walk on you will see a small city:)

Blessings,
Dan

Offline R.B.Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 11, 2011, 07:14 PM »

This is why people fall through the ice in their vehicles.  "no problem" ??  your 7-8 inches could easily be 4-5 inches a hundred yards away. Get smarter. >:(
Sorry, Maybe I should explain my position a little clearer to you walleye slayer. The waters in front of Regina Beach are safe and strong right now. I have lived out here for many years and between myself and other residents are quite certain there is no risk in front of the pier right now!  we do test the ice and the thickness in the area before we start moving out. With that being said I should have pointed out that it is not advisable to travel along the lake now or ever if you are not familiar with the area. 8 inches can easily turn into 5 but if you are SMART you check the area before you travel it......Now thats smart ;)

Offline R.B.Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Dec 11, 2011, 07:20 PM »
kinookimaw was good today. I caught 6 walleye all of which were pretty nice. Bunch of Jack as well, 1 perch and 2 burbot.

Offline Bobber Down

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Dec 11, 2011, 08:12 PM »
Was at little arm in the morning 13 walleye between 3 of us only kept 3. Just a reminder to you city folk please don't leave your garbage on the ice, picked up a bag of cans cig packs and minnow containers! Locals never throw garbage we take our beer cans home lol. Also if your not comfortable with people driving on the ice don't fish where the vehicles are its a big lake so for your own safety don't fish buy the locals! Salomon's was hot during the week nice perch and a ton of hammer heads! Bobber Down!

Offline R.B.Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 11, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Good points Bobber down!....and your right, waaay to much garbage out their!...also didnt know solomens was hot right now. good to know  :)

Offline gobigorgohomenow101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 11, 2011, 08:52 PM »
I was in the Q valley sasturday but this goes for any lake. We went to a new spot where we always fished last season and no one else fishes there or was anywhere near, only had the hand auger with us but we still drilled a hole every 10 yeards to check ice depth, took a whiel to get out to 200 yards and the arms were pretty tired, but one spot has 8 inches of ice, moved to the left 3 feet and only had 3 inches of ice, just goes to show you need to checck the ice all the time, with these weird conditions ice is not very consistant yet. Keep those hooks sharp though! I should be heading to kinookimaw this weekend!

Offline beany122

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 11, 2011, 08:57 PM »
just a quick question for you guys im new to lml and i was wondering where Salomon's is?

Offline R.B.Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Dec 11, 2011, 09:05 PM »
just a quick question for you guys im new to lml and i was wondering where Salomon's is?
About 3 blocks west of the Pier at Regina Beach.... :)

Offline beany122

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:05 AM »
also if your not going to take the tulibee or dog fish with you let them go. Its a waste to let them die ont he ice. I would rather catch them all day then sit there and catch nothing

Offline walleye protector

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:20 AM »
KUDOS to boober down.This is our back yard so if you pack it in you pack it out,its not a land fill.

Offline walldog77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Dec 12, 2011, 04:09 PM »
heading to lml with a few buddies does anybody fish near pryors beach never fish at lml before dont want to go to far south i know nothing of the lake or where to go safely a little help would be appreciated looking for perch for the kids and walleye for me and my friends are shark hunters thanks

Offline walleyeslayer1978

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Walleye Gods are angry, that's why.
« Reply #51 on: Dec 12, 2011, 05:07 PM »
Sorry, Maybe I should explain my position a little clearer to you walleye slayer. The waters in front of Regina Beach are safe and strong right now. I have lived out here for many years and between myself and other residents are quite certain there is no risk in front of the pier right now!  we do test the ice and the thickness in the area before we start moving out. With that being said I should have pointed out that it is not advisable to travel along the lake now or ever if you are not familiar with the area. 8 inches can easily turn into 5 but if you are SMART you check the area before you travel it......Now thats smart ;)

Fair enough.......it just seemed like a pretty flippant remark; " no problem driving on".   Yes, everyone is responsible for their own safety, but someone could easily end up in the drink by reading a post like that. No offense intended.
Still counting.....

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Dec 12, 2011, 05:30 PM »
A crew from work hit up LML on the weekend :(.  They caught some nice eyes and a 13lb burb.  Things sure are hot out there right now. I hope the ice safens up(I think I just made that up - safens).
Blake from Elbow

Offline Mike.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Dec 13, 2011, 06:31 PM »
Anybody know if guys are fishing the drop off right out front of grandveiw beach?? Thinking about going there this weekend, might just head to little arm again

Offline tipupfrenzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Dec 13, 2011, 09:41 PM »
can anyone tell me if it is safe to cross from glen harbour to stone barn on quad.  pm if u want.  any info would be greatly appreciated.
Fishing is a tough job, but im willing to Tackle it!

Offline mattg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Dec 13, 2011, 10:20 PM »
can anyone tell me if it is safe to cross from glen harbour to stone barn on quad.  pm if u want.  any info would be greatly appreciated.

Given that a quad went through on the weekend not very far from there I would be hesitant to cross the lake.

Offline Walleyerus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Dec 13, 2011, 10:57 PM »
NO WAY UNLESS U WANT TO BE THE NEXT TO GO THROUGH> ::) :o

Offline steadyrippin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Dec 14, 2011, 05:12 PM »
has anyone been out lately is the bite still on?

Offline mountainguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Dec 14, 2011, 05:26 PM »
yup and no.

Offline Bobber Down

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Dec 14, 2011, 06:04 PM »
It's not worth the risk (tipupfrenzy) trying to cross the lake from the Harbour need a serious cold snap before playing in the middle of the pond, the fishing is good all along the eastside of the lake walking out of course. I've been doing ok all week nothing to enter into the record book yet. Heard something funny that someone caught a 17 lb walleye at the arm can anyone confirm this with a pic? Geni's record live release is still #1 in the books. Bobber Down!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.