Author Topic: Fort Qu'Appelle lakes  (Read 58653 times)

MikeMiller

Re: Fort Qu'Appelle lakes
« Reply #60 on: Dec 15, 2011, 05:05 PM »
there was one dumbass driving close to shore on mission ice was 8-10 inches every were we drilled i wouldnt drive on it till next month

Offline saskpolaris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Dec 15, 2011, 10:46 PM »
went out to pasqua today caught one perch in three hours, went to mission caught some walleye/perch and caught a couple nice dogfish

MikeMiller

« Reply #62 on: Dec 16, 2011, 07:28 AM »
ill be back at pasqua tomorrow catching some more walleye might only fish the morning

Offline mikey498

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Dec 16, 2011, 09:53 AM »
Does anybody know how the ice is on Katepwa around Sandy beach area?  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone and good fishing.
The worst day ice fishing is still better than your best day at work!

Offline Jazzy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Dec 16, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Was out at bay say tah yesterday.  7-8 inches of ice in the bay.  3 hours+1 perch= >:(  Oh well it was nice to get out for the first time this year.

Offline treeplucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Dec 16, 2011, 12:41 PM »
Katepwa main beach area had a good 6 inches last sunday in about 12 feet of water, but very slippery , no snow :icefish:

Offline Akiry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Dec 16, 2011, 07:57 PM »
Attempted to fish Sandy Beach again Katepwa. the Ice have piled up a little and has some cracks about 5" wide. I really didn't want to get wet so I headed over to Echo Bay-Say-Ta. Three perch,8 little Walleye, and 1 5ish pound jack. The jack cost me a whole $18 rod lost the tip.  Was a nice evening overall

MikeMiller

« Reply #67 on: Dec 16, 2011, 08:19 PM »
im going out for a morning fish tomorrow with brother and the nephew will post pictures tomorrow afternoon

MikeMiller

« Reply #68 on: Dec 17, 2011, 05:50 PM »
extremly slow today on pasqua got 3 small walleye 3 pike 2 perch

Offline pickle84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Dec 17, 2011, 07:43 PM »
today at mission it was a beautiful day caught 14 perch had a walleye but couldn't get it through the hole

the new tent friggin rules!!!!!!

You to can be like Jesus and walk on water ICE FISH!!!!

You will never know your friends from your enemies until the ice breaks!

Offline Mike.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Dec 17, 2011, 10:03 PM »
Was on pasqua, caught 4 nice eyes right away then it died off as the sun came up. few pike and some small walleyes after that pretty slow

Offline randolf17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Dec 17, 2011, 10:59 PM »
Pickle you actually drove out on the lake?  Even after all the posts in the last day about both Last Mountain and Katepwa cracking and people nearly stranded.  You have a lot more guts than I do.  I love my truck too much to risk that

Offline jimslam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Dec 18, 2011, 03:39 AM »
does anyone have a tip on where to fish on  pasqua lake where a guy can catch a few fish never really had any good luck ice fishing on pasqua in the past couple of years besides tullibee

Offline Mike.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Dec 18, 2011, 09:28 AM »
Out front of the cabins west from luther point, just find the drop off and you will catch fish. The westend is pretty good this time of year for walleye

Offline Indianwilly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Dec 18, 2011, 11:29 AM »
What is the best access to get to Luther point???????

Offline gobigorgohomenow101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Dec 18, 2011, 11:56 AM »
whats the condition on pasqua? Is the ice still any good? or is it all breaking up due to this terrible weather?

Offline pickle84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Dec 18, 2011, 05:26 PM »
Pickle you actually drove out on the lake?  Even after all the posts in the last day about both Last Mountain and Katepwa cracking and people nearly stranded.  You have a lot more guts than I do.  I love my truck too much to risk that

There were 6 trucks on mission yesterday and another 10-15 today there's shacks out and there was 9-11 inches of ice everywhere

Offline randolf17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Dec 18, 2011, 10:25 PM »
Good to hear its nice hearing a lake that has good ice already.  last mountain is still pretty shady

MikeMiller

« Reply #78 on: Dec 19, 2011, 09:11 AM »
What is the best access to get to Luther point???????

have to park and walk put were it says no treaspassing lol

Offline pickle84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Good to hear its nice hearing a lake that has good ice already.  last mountain is still pretty shady

Im stayin the hell away from LML there's 9-11 inches at mission it feels a hell of alot safer out there

Offline silvah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • the fish killer
« Reply #80 on: Dec 20, 2011, 09:20 AM »
Great luck at mission lately.
I think with the ice conditions elsewhere I will be spending the next few weeks there.
Lots of eyes on the ice!

MikeMiller

« Reply #81 on: Dec 20, 2011, 08:09 PM »
Team Miller hammered the walleye today got 11 small ones in the morning and went to a different spot from 3-430 hammered 14 walleye from 2-4 pounds i got 1 5.5 pounder released her not bad day 24 walleye 2 little pike no perch will post pictures as soon as brothers wife figures how to send them to me

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Dec 20, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Were you boys on Pasqua today or on Mission?

MikeMiller

« Reply #83 on: Dec 20, 2011, 10:01 PM »
started on mission at luthern point met saskpolaris out there then ended up going over to echo hammering them

MikeMiller

« Reply #84 on: Dec 21, 2011, 09:12 AM »
heading back out in a hour gotta be back by 4 so hope to hammer some more walleye me and my buddy will post review when i get back in the city

Offline js6145

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Dec 21, 2011, 11:11 AM »
nice catch mike. How is the ice thickness? Any trucks on?

Offline pickle84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Dec 21, 2011, 01:07 PM »
there were trucks on mission on sat and sun mine included it was solid then. There was 9-11 inches everywhere hopefully more ice this week it was strong then

Offline The Cod Father

• IceShanty Rookie
  • We Know Where They Live
« Reply #87 on: Dec 21, 2011, 03:08 PM »
 Qoute: "there were trucks on mission on sat and sun mine included it was solid then. There was 9-11 inches"

Don't rely on others!!! :nono:

Recognize that there is no such thing as "safe ice." Conditions and unseen or unknown factors can render seemingly safe ice suddenly dangerous. Take all care and precautions to avoid mishaps and to put rescue plans into immediate action should something go wrong.

What you need to know
Because there can be many variations in the structure, thickness, temperature and strength of an ice sheet, it is essential to carry out some fairly simple field observations of the ice sheet you want to use to support a load. Be cautious! Never go out on an unknown ice sheet alone, and always probe ahead of yourself with a heavy ice chisel. Consider wearing a personal flotation device and roping yourself to an assistant.

The main thing to determine is the ice thickness. This can be done by drilling holes with an ice auger. Note whether the ice is clear (sometimes called black ice) or white (due to air bubbles sometimes called snow ice). Measure the thickness of both kinds. Take note of the frequency of cracks and whether they are wet or dry. On rivers, be alert to variations in ice thickness that may occur as a result of bends, riffles or shallows, junctions with tributaries, etc.

For both rivers and lakes, warm inflows from springs may create areas of thinner ice. Also, the ice thickness near shore may be thinner (due to warm groundwater inflow or the insulating effect of drifted snow) or thicker (due to the candle-dipping effect of variable water levels).

Observe any snow cover as well as variations in its thickness. Obtain the record of air temperature for the past several days, and continue observing air temperatures during the period the ice will be used to support loads.

Contrary to what many think, a rapid and large air temperature drop causes an ice sheet to become brittle, and the ice may not be safe to use for 24 hours.

If the air temperature stays above freezing for 24 hours or more, the ice begins to lose strength, and the table no longer represents safe conditions. This becomes the general condition in the spring. Even though the ice may have adequate thickness, the strength is quickly lost the longer the air temperature is above freezing. In all cases of air temperature changes, the effects are greatest on bare ice, and are subdued by increasing depths of snow cover. However, no quantitative guidance can be offered.

You come to me on this day of my daughters Wedding, And ask me to go fishing....Well O.K LETS GO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Dec 21, 2011, 03:40 PM »
heyy mike where is luthern point? Is that right by lebret?

MikeMiller

« Reply #89 on: Dec 21, 2011, 04:58 PM »
lutheren point is on pasqua it will say camp lutherland     

Team Miller strikes again me and my buddy went out from 11:30 am till 2 pm today hammered the walleye got 23 walleye missed 4 each my buddy got a nice 6.5 pounder released lots kept 8
going out again tomorrow for prob anther 3-4 hours of fishing

6.5 pounder released

tried taking a picture releasing it damm thing slipped from his hand thats what we got lol

look at the size of that growth we released him looked pretty bad

the ones we kept to eat :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.