Author Topic: Buffalo Pound  (Read 29175 times)

Offline quinn

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Buffalo Pound
« Reply #240 on: Nov 09, 2012, 09:06 AM »
how do you think the bite will be like last year?  it was my first ice fishing season last year and i heard from a few people that it was a good season.
"There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce serenity of mind" Washington Irving

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #241 on: Nov 09, 2012, 10:01 AM »
This summer was pretty good at the pound.  Lets hope it carries through for the winter.  Last year was probably my best on buffalo in a long time.

We have to remember last year that with almost know snow cover lots of light was able to get through and mobility was not an issue.  I don't think the bite slows down as much as fisherman do.  With 3 feet of snow on the ice people are not so keen on drilling a whack of holes. 

That said cold cold cold no wind and well looks like the snows here for now................... ...................... ........
Blake from Elbow

Offline quinn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #242 on: Nov 09, 2012, 10:56 AM »
i agree this summer was good, despite that die off at the start of the summer but it didn't really seem to effect the bite to much.  The lack of snow and mild temps was nice last winter.
"There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce serenity of mind" Washington Irving

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.