Author Topic: Blackstrap  (Read 35240 times)

Offline matiachuk

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Blackstrap
« Reply #30 on: Nov 26, 2011, 08:05 PM »
anyone go out today?

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 03, 2011, 01:40 PM »
Anyone check the ice on the north end after this somewhat winter heat wave? People fishing after all that?
Yes woman can fish... prepared to be impressed. here fishy fishy fishy!!!

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2011, 08:30 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has an ice report for the strap? anyone put their shacks out yet?

Offline AngusMacHuge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 04, 2011, 09:08 PM »
8-9 inches of good ice around the boat launch area of the park. Not sure about the north end.

Offline engineman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep your worm wigglin!!
« Reply #34 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:56 AM »
no shacks on yet...it might be a tich early

Offline ochocenko

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 05, 2011, 10:11 AM »
I'd say 6-8 of ice where we were... wouldn't say great ice. We were walking around making it pop pretty good.

Offline IceEye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 05, 2011, 09:22 PM »
Went out today at about 4:00 for a couple hours, it was very slow. Got one perch and seen quite a few big white fish swimming around.

Offline saskoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 06, 2011, 08:14 AM »
I was out yesterday from 12-4pm, was windy as hell. Measured 12" of ice, bottom 6" is clear and top half is white and cloudy, in other parts it is all clear and solid. Only managed 1 small pike and 3 perch, however I saw 10-15 walleye, 4 pike and countless perch and whitefish on the Marcum. There were also 2 guys about 100 yards farther out then us who claimed to have cought a walleye and 90 perch! Ill be back out ASAP!
 :tipup:

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 06, 2011, 01:23 PM »
what part of black strap had the solid black ice

Offline Young Catcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 06, 2011, 01:30 PM »
Went out today at about 4:00 for a couple hours, it was very slow. Got one perch and seen quite a few big white fish swimming around.

Hi IceEye,

Where did you go ?   The North end or Evans road?
  Thanks.
   Have a good season !

YC.

Offline IceEye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 06, 2011, 06:06 PM »
@ young catcher
We were at Evans road.

Offline golf560

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 07, 2011, 11:19 AM »
thanks for sharing! wish you have a great fishing weekend!

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Dec 10, 2011, 11:55 AM »
Hit the strap yesterday, 12 inches of ice in the N end and its looked good.  Nobody around, I fished from 9:30 - 1:00 pm and only had two bites. Lots of small perch around and large whitefish in the shallows.  Wind was howling so packed up and went home.  A person should be able to drive on, I imagine there will be lots out today!

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 11, 2011, 05:42 PM »
Went out today, there were a dozen vehicles sitting at evans road so I decided to try the north end. Ice is about a foot thick, and some people were driving on. Fished for about 2 hours with no luck. Think I  will be bringing the shack out next weekend.

Offline saskoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:17 AM »
fished all day saturday and sunday, on sat with 2 buddies we kept 24 perch and a small pike, biggest perch was 11 and a half inches, and the fishing was the best from 10am-1pm. Sunday me and 2 buddies kept 21 perch (biggest 12inches), and i used beefheart for the first time through the ice. it outfished perch eyes and minnows 2 to 1. fishing was best from 3-4:30. Also saw many walleyes on the cam, no interest from any of them though. was fishing 23fow, measured 14 inches of ice with a tape measure.

Offline ryder29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 12, 2011, 09:16 AM »
Were you at the North end?  Or somewhere else?  Just curious, I want to get my shack out as soon as I can.
I'm just trying to get another bite.

Offline golf560

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 12, 2011, 11:12 AM »
thanks for sharing! I was on Evans road Sat. with my Son. we got 8 nice size perch, and sent back about same amount smaller ones. From Vexilar I can see many fish came to bait but seems they were not very interested on take it.   :-\

fished all day saturday and sunday, on sat with 2 buddies we kept 24 perch and a small pike, biggest perch was 11 and a half inches, and the fishing was the best from 10am-1pm. Sunday me and 2 buddies kept 21 perch (biggest 12inches), and i used beefheart for the first time through the ice. it outfished perch eyes and minnows 2 to 1. fishing was best from 3-4:30. Also saw many walleyes on the cam, no interest from any of them though. was fishing 23fow, measured 14 inches of ice with a tape measure.

Offline IceEye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 12, 2011, 04:57 PM »
went out on Saturday and got about 25 perch between me and Matiachuk. there was a lot of action on the flasher...overall a good day of fishing!

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Dec 12, 2011, 06:27 PM »
From Vexilar I can see many fish came to bait but seems they were not very interested on take it.   :-\

try eyes  ;)

Offline Young Catcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Dec 13, 2011, 01:28 PM »
This coming weekends will be warm days.
This is good for us_Fishing people.
Is it good for fish action?

Offline Young Catcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Dec 14, 2011, 01:39 PM »

Keep update please.  or the topic will down  to 2nd or 3rd  page.
Thanks.

Offline 2fst4u

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Dec 14, 2011, 02:48 PM »
Went to evans road this morning until the f#$%^ wind picked up.  Was gusting pretty good by the time I left.  Alot of perch and some picks on the camera but wouldn't bite.  Surrounded the hook but just stared at it like a pedulaum.  Alot of ice and previous holes drilled...keep er real boys and tip her up....!

Offline whale1979

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 14, 2011, 03:19 PM »
fished the north end yesterday and caught 2 small pike back to back in the first 10-15 min  and then nothin.
fished for about 3 hours, packed up and left around sunset!

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Dec 14, 2011, 07:01 PM »
hey guys looking for some opinions here, Im getting ready to move my shack out this weekend, it goes out in pieces and gets built in place but by the time I get the stove in it it will weigh roughly 700-800 lbs with out any people in it, with the ice being 12 inches last weekend Im sure the ice is safe (seeing as the synopsis says 12" is enough for a heavy truck), but with the accident at Last Mountain last weekend with the guy on the quad Im a bit sketched out about ice at the moment.  Just wondering if you guys think the ice is safe or if I should wait a few weeks to move the shack

Offline ShawnR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Dec 14, 2011, 09:23 PM »
I'd tend to think that the ice at Blackstrap would be a lot safer than Last Mountain.  I wouldn't be surprised if some shacks made it to the north end this past weekend.  I heard rumours that people were driving on in the north end, but I cannot confirm that.  All that being said, it likely doesn't hurt too much to wait another week.

Offline Adam88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Dec 14, 2011, 10:52 PM »
we drove on at wakaw lake last weekend 12 inches of good solid ice

Offline Young Catcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Dec 15, 2011, 08:02 AM »
Walleye420, where are you?
Long time didn't hear from you.
Did you start  ice fishing at BlakStrap or bradwell?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Dec 16, 2011, 08:20 AM »
Ya my shack is pretty heavy too. I put it out there yesturday. I didn't drive on thou. However I seen three vehicles that have which is kinda stupid I think atm. Considering they weren't that far off shore, why not just walk. Anywase, saying that, there are soft spots, on north end, boyfriend fell threw twice in 3ft of water. Be careful u guys.

Offline flyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Dec 16, 2011, 06:02 PM »
It's always good to be safe, with ice you never can tell what warm spells will do.  For example, last Saturday I drove on the north end of Blackstrap no problem 14 inches of ice. However a warm spell can allow any ice to be compromised especially where it is moving around a point or narrow channel, or underwater pipe release location. Warm ambient temps will allow for ice to thin as it is erroded from below.  F.B.
The worst day fishing is better than the best day at......heck! you guys already know that!

Offline whale1979

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Dec 16, 2011, 06:30 PM »
u area of the strap do u guys typically think is best to try for walleye or perch?

cant seem to find them and have never fished it by boat in open water season!
thx. guys for any info.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.