Author Topic: Qu'appelle Valley Lakes?  (Read 32003 times)

Offline kaiser

• IceShanty Rookie
Qu'appelle Valley Lakes?
« on: Dec 09, 2009, 07:26 PM »
Anyone fishing these lakes yet? And if so, what is the approx. thickness and where you fishing?

Thanks

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
Re: Qu'appelle Valley Lakes?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2009, 11:22 AM »
im headin out to echo tonight and hopefully will be fishing saturday and sunday, havent heard nothing on these lakes yet but will report back sunday night hopefully with good results.
tight lines-big burk

Offline TMRFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2009, 01:57 PM »
I'm going to try Pasqua or Echo by the boat landings on Saturday.  Sunday looks like it will be too cold. I haven't been to these lakes yet this year.

Offline kaiser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2009, 05:58 PM »
Fished Katepwa today. A few perch but nothing more. One shack sitting at Taylor Beach. Ice is a good 4" - 8" thick. Was a good 200 yds out just east of the main beach and 100 yds out at Taylor. Even drove my quad on the ice near the shore and cleared the snow for a skating rink. Happy fishing!

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2009, 06:20 PM »
well i was out today  i was on right at basayta point on echo and there was a good 6 inchs till i got about 35 fot then she was down to about 4 -5 inch there was one person who walked on from the hatchery dont know how thick the ice was and there was also one person on echo around the river mouth area no idea how thick the ice is ....

echo is complely capped and when i came down the hill all of pasqua that i seen was capped too

will be heading back out tommorrow morning
as for todays catch caught one nice burb a few small perch
as for the camera seen tons of suckers ,tullibe
and about a dozen walleye all with no interest and about a dozen pike again with no interest will be back out tomorrow morning

Offline eyecatcher00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2009, 01:17 AM »
hauled the shack out onto the west end of mission today, was a little sketchy at first seeing as how we were the first to drive on . ice is 7 -10 inches.  slow day but managed to get 6 perch with 3 of them being jumbos and also 3 walleye.

MikeMiller

« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2009, 01:47 PM »
im going out to mission on friday were about are you on the ice catcher by lebret im thinking of going by camp knoles do you think its all 7-10 inches threw the whole lake

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2009, 08:55 PM »
made it out today and limited out on perch and managed to catch 4 decent walleyes, perch were all on the smallish side, lots of tullibee caught and one small pike. good start to the new ice season ice was 8 inches everywhere we went. fished the east end of the lake and there were a few shacks spread out all over the lake and seen one truck on the west end but wouldnt recommend it yet. 
-tight lines
Big Burk

MikeMiller

« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2009, 10:50 PM »
burk what lake

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2009, 12:58 AM »
Echo lake

Offline eyecatcher00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2009, 09:25 AM »
fished out of the shack on mission again yesterday. fishing partner and i managed to catch 40 some perch and 3 walleye.  biggest eye was just over 19 inch. Lots of pike on the camera but they werent to interested in anything.

MikeMiller

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2009, 12:47 AM »
just building my shack now hope to have it out on mission sat if your out there dont be afraid to pop in if not ill tell every one how it goes ill be with my 98 green chev blazer

Offline TMRFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2009, 08:20 AM »
Are people driving on the Quappelle lakes yet? 

Offline mikey498

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2009, 11:45 AM »
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know a thickness at Sandy Beach on Katepwa?  Thinking about going out this weekend.
The worst day ice fishing is still better than your best day at work!

MikeMiller

« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2009, 06:51 PM »
it was 10 inches last weekend on mission ill be driving on it with caution sat

Offline eyecatcher00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2009, 10:57 PM »
Are people driving on the Quappelle lakes yet? 
we've drove on since saturday on mission, havent ventured around though that was just to the shack and back.  found some spots today that were 16 inches but also some that were 6 so id watch if your driving around everywhere.

MikeMiller

« Reply #16 on: Dec 19, 2009, 06:47 PM »
was on mission today about 12-14 inches thick i was in the middle of the lake 50 feet of water got 40 perch 4 walleye biggest was 3 pounds not bad day of fishing

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 19, 2009, 07:09 PM »
was out on basyta the hatchery seen a few walleye on the cam a few pike and some small perch caught one pike about 4 - 5 lbs .....

jw mike do you always fish that deep i never fish anything more then like 25 feet i never thought anything would be that deep

Offline Leroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 20, 2009, 04:45 PM »
Spent about four hours on Mission today in front of Mission Ridge ski hill.  It was very slow - a few Perch and a few Tulies.  Anyone else have better success on the chains this weekend? 

I must say - it was nice to get out again despite the weak fishing. 

MikeMiller

« Reply #19 on: Dec 20, 2009, 07:14 PM »
ya i fish 40 feet on mission every time i go there i usually catch around the 40 mark on perch a day me and my cuz and usually 6-10 walleye any were from a pound to 3 pounds it was slow on walleye i was fishing in front of camp knoles there putting shack there next weekend seems like im the only person who fishes there in the winter only my tire tracks and holes hmmm

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #20 on: Dec 20, 2009, 07:28 PM »
Good day on mission today, eyecatcher and I managed to get 9 walleye, 2 pike and well over 50 dink perch.
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline Leroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 20, 2009, 08:28 PM »
I forgot to mention that the ice was 14".  We walked on, but there were several trucks on the ice.  Drove past Echo too.  Lots of shacks and trucks.  I would imagine that we were fishing Mission too shallow because we were only in 15 feet.  Will likely try Echo next time and report back. 

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #22 on: Dec 20, 2009, 09:50 PM »
echo is hot right now lost count of perch, caught 4 walleyes biggest 4lbs and a 3lb pike

MikeMiller

« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2009, 10:21 PM »
im going out next weekend spoxick if you wanna come try deep water give me a call or text 535-6453

Offline SquirrelyMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 21, 2009, 10:24 AM »
I fished Pasqua Lake on the weekend and caught nothing but Tulibees.  Lots of them but nothing else.  I didn't drive on the ice so I was confined to only a few walkable places but nonetheless still slow.  Ice was 13" almost everywhere I drilled tho so this coming weekend the truck will be hitting the ice and I will report back.

Offline heiz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:49 AM »
echo is hot right now lost count of perch, caught 4 walleyes biggest 4lbs and a 3lb pike

Hey big birk what size were the perch u were catching on echo?

Offline TulibeeKing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • <'))><
« Reply #26 on: Dec 21, 2009, 10:43 PM »
Heading out to west end of Echo tomorrow cant wait. :tipup:

Offline Gmoney21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:53 PM »
Im heading out to mission and am wondering where I should drive on at this time of year. I usually take the mission ridge road and turn off right after the bridge and follow the creek along, any beter sugestions?

MikeMiller

« Reply #28 on: Dec 22, 2009, 11:24 AM »
i drove on beside the creek every one was close to shore i was the onl one to attempt to drive in the middle of the lake ( 40-50ft ) of water it was about 12 inches there on sunday i got a little blazer it was sketchy the being the first lol ill be going back out there on saturday

Offline TulibeeKing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • <'))><
« Reply #29 on: Dec 22, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Heading out to west end of Echo tomorrow cant wait. :tipup:

14" ice lots of tulibee and small perch and one walleye caught all of them in 38 to 33 feet.  Not a bad day. :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.