Author Topic: Last mountain lake  (Read 82540 times)

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Every hour you fish adds an hour to your life!
Last mountain lake
« on: Nov 29, 2009, 04:01 PM »
walked on at altavista beach today, ice is only few inches thick and still open towards the middle with lots of geese out there. cracks all over won't be long know. going out in the garage to dig out my ice auger and gear before I watch the Riders kick some Alouettes ass.....

Offline eyefriendly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They're down there somewhere!
Re: Last mountain lake
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2009, 10:14 PM »
 Do you think that Kinookimaw has ice?
Golf is for people that don't know how to fish.

Offline TMRFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2009, 09:06 AM »
I was at kinookimaw on Saturday.  There was ice and open water.  Not enough safe ice even to walk out from shore a bit.  Based on this weeks forecast, there will be enough ice to fish next weekend.  The road from Kinookimaw to the landing is in rough shape but it is passable.

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2009, 11:48 AM »
going out in the garage to dig out my ice auger and gear before I watch the Riders kick some Alouettes ass.....

And how did that go........... :wacko:

I would have rooted for you guys, I hate to see anything go east of 'Toba.

Offline eyefriendly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2009, 11:00 AM »
 Anybody been near Little Arm? How's the ice?

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2009, 09:14 AM »
walked on at altavista beach today, ice is only few inches thick and still open towards the middle with lots of geese out there. cracks all over won't be long know. going out in the garage to dig out my ice auger and gear before I watch the Riders kick some Alouettes ass.....
I saw someone in an Alouettes jacket fall through the ice so I notified emergency rescue.  I hope they saved him or it was a waste of a first class stamp!
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2009, 02:00 PM »
Good one Buzz

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2009, 10:52 AM »
I saw someone in an Alouettes jacket fall through the ice so I notified emergency rescue.  I hope they saved him or it was a waste of a first class stamp!

HA ha LOL, Our phone company (MTS) in their commercials like to make fun of Saskatchewan, they paint you guys as a bunch of banjo picking rednecks, I think you just confirmed it ;D
(all in good humor guys ;D)

Offline Outdoors guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2009, 04:06 PM »
Has anyone been out to Regina Beach or Rowans Ravine yet if so how thick is the ice.
I'd rather be fishing

Offline walleyescooter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Has anyone been out to Regina Beach or Rowans Ravine yet if so how thick is the ice.

I went to Little Arm/ Regina Beach area on Thursday. There was 7 inches of good ice. People were driving on it already! Walleye are biting a little...

Went across from Grandview on Friday and there was about 5-7 inches... must be lots by now!!!

Offline Outdoors guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2009, 07:40 PM »
I hope so might try to go out tomorrow or this weekend for sure.
I'd rather be fishing

Offline eyefriendly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2009, 10:43 AM »
 I was at Grandview last saturday & there was 6-8" of good solid ice, not to mention the eyes were biting!

Offline mikey498

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2009, 11:41 AM »
Anyone been to the point at Pelican Pointe?  Any new of ice thickness there?  I'm hoping to get out this weekend and am itching to get out there and catch some fish.  I heard someone say that the point just closed last week, which means it might not be thick enough yet.
The worst day ice fishing is still better than your best day at work!

Offline ShawnR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 17, 2009, 10:51 AM »
Has anyone ever fished the north end of last mountain (say Etters beach and north)?  I was just wondering what kind of access there is around the north end?

Thanks

Offline Fishin34

• IceShanty Rookie
  • C&R
« Reply #14 on: Dec 17, 2009, 06:30 PM »
I think Etter's beach has one or 2 full time residents that plow in the main road and access to and from there house. Never fished it, but in the summer I heard pretty good things. But I wouldnt bank on much access up there.

Offline eyefriendly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2009, 09:47 AM »
Has anyone ever fished the north end of last mountain (say Etters beach and north)?  I was just wondering what kind of access there is around the north end?

Thanks
I have never fished that far north through the ice, but friends of mine make an annual pilgrimage to Big Arm @ first ice. The numbers of large pike that they have caught is amazing(I've seen the pics). As for the walleye, I've read some very good things on this site about Etters. Access, this year shouldn't be a problem as there isn't much snow yet. I assume that you can get on the lake @ either Etter's or Liberty Beach.

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2009, 03:48 PM »
I use to fish quite a bit at last mountan provincial park, lots of small perch at least 1 good size jack or dog fish every time out there.

Offline Outdoors guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2009, 03:58 PM »
Anyone going out to regina beach or rowans ravinve this weekend or been out there lately wondering what the ice thickness is.
I'd rather be fishing

Offline weirzy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 19, 2009, 05:19 PM »
was out at kinookimaw yesterday, lots of guys out, lots of shacks out there too.  ice was about 18-24 inches.  ended up gettin out for the last 2.5 hours before sunset, got 6 nice eyes, all between 1.5 - 3 lbs.  the last fish of the day was the biggest and was around 4 (maybe 4.5)... nice fish though. 

drove out to the spring bay area today, ice was about 12 inches out there.  lots of shacks out around wee-too and alice beach area.  couldnt tell if they were catching or not.  once we got the shack out and set up we dropped a line for a bit, saw lots on the flasher, ended up grabbin a few eyes but couldnt stay long, goin back out this week.
<'}\\\\\\\\><

Offline walleyescooter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 20, 2009, 05:30 PM »
was out at kinookimaw yesterday, lots of guys out, lots of shacks out there too.  ice was about 18-24 inches.  ended up gettin out for the last 2.5 hours before sunset, got 6 nice eyes, all between 1.5 - 3 lbs.  the last fish of the day was the biggest and was around 4 (maybe 4.5)... nice fish though. 

drove out to the spring bay area today, ice was about 12 inches out there.  lots of shacks out around wee-too and alice beach area.  couldnt tell if they were catching or not.  once we got the shack out and set up we dropped a line for a bit, saw lots on the flasher, ended up grabbin a few eyes but couldnt stay long, goin back out this week.

Did you happen to drive around Rowan's or Collingwood? Looks like the ice froze in giant blocks (got blown around then refroze) around Islandview.
Heading out tomorrow!

Offline mikey498

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2009, 09:22 AM »
Hey Guys, just wanted to update you if you're interested.  Went out to Pelican Point on Saturday and the ice at the point was at least 10-12 inches.  Good to go.  Did some fishing Saturday and Sunday.  got some bites on Sunday but couldn't land them.  (don't fish much so the skill isn't all there)  Anyways, hoping to get out soon again.
The worst day ice fishing is still better than your best day at work!

Offline weirzy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:36 AM »
Did you happen to drive around Rowan's or Collingwood? Looks like the ice froze in giant blocks (got blown around then refroze) around Islandview.
Heading out tomorrow!
no, we didnt go up by rowan's, we have a place at spring bay so we just drove on there.  kinookimaw had some really bad ice to, looks like it got busted up and refroze.  at kinookimaw the ice was good about 40 yards from shore then it gets really rough.  i want to get up to white rock but if the ice is like that it would be tough goin up there on the ice, maybe have to drive up past rowans and cut across somewhere???
<'}\\\\\\\\><

Offline eyefriendly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 21, 2009, 02:20 PM »
 There was at least 12" at Grandview. I didn't see anybody drive across, but they are driving along both sides. Fishing was pretty good, a few big ones with some eaters thrown in for good measure. Sunday was beautiful, no wind, coyotes howling & the walleyes biting. It's too bad our weather(& fishing) wasn't like that every weekend.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #23 on: Dec 23, 2009, 09:56 PM »
Hi guys, have any of you heard how the fishing is around the Last Mountain Regional park at the very North end or at Arlington Beach a bit further down? :-\

WW

Offline Outdoors guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 26, 2009, 07:27 PM »
Hey has anyone been out fishing lately and if so how is the fishing on the lake this year hoping to get out this week to rowans ravine or kinookimaw or maybe regina beach
I'd rather be fishing

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 27, 2009, 02:24 PM »
Was out fishing at collingwood on sat dec 26 had a couple bites and saw 2 perch in the camera. but I got try out my father in law's new ice auger he bought a Eskimo from Costco wow is that a Cadillac runs so nice cuts so fast. 

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 27, 2009, 09:16 PM »
Collingwood produced slow but steady through Sunday with small to medium perch and walleye then some 4-5 lbs from 2 to 3 o'clock.  Driving conditions are great and there were over 30 vehicles out in the middle.
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline Leroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:19 AM »
Any information on Alice Beach?

Offline Pants

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing and share our sport!
« Reply #28 on: Dec 29, 2009, 11:04 AM »
Any information on Alice Beach?
Fishing is really SLOW!  I got one nice eye about two weeks ago, but nothing since then.  We have spots that usually produced good pike and eyes in previous years but nothing this year...it has been a weird start to the season.
Teach your children, but never be afraid to let them teach you

Offline BOONER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 29, 2009, 02:51 PM »
First time out on last mountain.  Was out yesterday at Collingwood then Rowan's.  It was pretty slow all day, only caught a couple eyes and three perch.  better than sitting inside all day I guess and I will go back again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.