New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Syracuse NY Ice Fishing Show  (Read 18797 times)

Offline jascpa099

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • You don't win friends with salad.
Re: Syracuse NY Ice Fishing Show
« Reply #150 on: Dec 13, 2010, 07:10 AM »
I get the fact that every dollar counts... but park farther away and walk.  It would be for free
God is great; beer is good, and people are crazy!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #151 on: Dec 13, 2010, 08:04 AM »
That $30 you stole wasn't compliments of the Oncenter.  It was stolen from the show promoter, who takes the time and effort to produce the show and bring it to Syracuse.  Either way I believe that karma will prevent any fish from being caught on those jigs you bought with that $30.  Funny how things work out sometimes....steal $30, and you'll pay $3000 in retribution, give $30 and you receive $3000 in rewards.  That's my experience anyways......

What goes around, comes around... 
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Hunter44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #152 on: Dec 13, 2010, 09:02 AM »
This was my first show and I really enjoy myself. I though that the speaker did a great job and everyone seem to be going out of there way to make the show great in my opinion.  :clap:  :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline rondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hudson River Salmon
« Reply #153 on: Dec 13, 2010, 10:15 AM »
Funny how it goes, I gave the girl at the window  $20.00 and walked away without my change,she yelled for me to come back for it

Offline rondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hudson River Salmon
« Reply #154 on: Dec 13, 2010, 10:16 AM »
They should change the name to the " The Thorne Brothers Show "There were a lot of vendors there with displays  but nothing for sale, they said Thorne Brothers were selling their products,including Jason mitchell and Northland ,If they are going to do that they should add a few more check out registers, the line at Thorne brothers was impossible.It would of also been nice if they had some food vendors.I thought there were some good prices if you did your homework,I purchased a Himminbird 55  for $50.00 less then advertised with a $ 50.00 mail in rebate,$100.00 saving.I also got a magnum sled for $125.00 , regular price was $169.00.Next year they could leave out the PU trucks,pots and pans and bathroom vendors , I think when they can't fill the hall they drag these guys in.
I thought the hard side aluminum shanty's were sweet

Offline Catchthis44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #155 on: Dec 13, 2010, 12:07 PM »
I agree with more registers at Thorne Bros...good deals there but not worth waiting in line for $10 worth of jigs...

Offline Bosoxiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #156 on: Dec 13, 2010, 03:09 PM »
Was a good show,,i also agree the bathroom vendors shouldnt be there unless it is a shanty broom ,,,lol. the trucks i could deal with. Alot of ccol stuff to look around for a bit. Bought some jigs and plastics. Was looking to get a new suit as i talked to the frabill guy he told mme to wait until next yr if i could they were comming out with an amazing suit that also is boyuant . i can hold out and hope it is as good as he made it sound. Have a great day Ice Men and see ya on the ice

Offline iceguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • nothin like hard h2o
« Reply #157 on: Dec 13, 2010, 03:36 PM »
The best part was that all the retailers were offering there stuff at 50% off the last 3hours Sunday so that they wouldn't have to load the trucks......I got power augers, a flipover and a flasher for under $500 total  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
You guys are easy.. ;D.....just kiddin'......good show... met lots of good people, picked up some plastics, jigs and a reel at a discount though.....  they had some neat new stuff at the show also
guy

Offline fishingPole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #158 on: Dec 13, 2010, 04:54 PM »
That is the case sometimes to get a deal at the end of the show.  I just didn't want to chance not getting the exact items I wanted though.  I'm sure there were some deals to be had at the end.
Leave it better than you found it

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #159 on: Dec 13, 2010, 06:49 PM »
That $30 you stole wasn't compliments of the Oncenter.  It was stolen from the show promoter, who takes the time and effort to produce the show and bring it to Syracuse.  Either way I believe that karma will prevent any fish from being caught on those jigs you bought with that $30.  Funny how things work out sometimes....steal $30, and you'll pay $3000 in retribution, give $30 and you receive $3000 in rewards.  That's my experience anyways......
We parked a few blocks away for free. We got there Friday at 4:15. No one there yet. I had an extra ticket I gave to the first lucky guy who came through the door. Merry Christmas. ;D I believe in karma too.
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline girthymuskie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #160 on: Dec 13, 2010, 07:33 PM »
I finally got there for the last couple of hours on Sunday.  For the record, the vendors seemed very willing to haggle on Sunday just before closing.  Although there would be no guarantee they have what you're looking for at that point.  I thought it was very well done, and the vendors I spoke with seemed to feel it was worth their time and effort to be there.  Picked up a nice pair of bibs at a much better price than I have seen elsewhere.  Only thing on my wishlist would be to have a Heritage stand with the full array of products at or below retail.  Definitely no complaints though, many thanks to the folks who worked so hard to put this event on for us!

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #161 on: Dec 14, 2010, 08:37 AM »
   I really enjoyed the show. :) First time there.  Met a few fellow Ice shanty members,that I had not met before. I got several things there that I would not be able to buy in my area also.  Would have to order them or go an hour or better to get them. Enjoyed seminars but they could have them in a separate room but I'm sure that would cost more.   Parking and admission was not out of line for cost.  Go to a football game or hockey, or baseball game :o ouch!   Of course, I love anything about ice fishing! ;D ;)

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #162 on: Dec 14, 2010, 02:56 PM »
Is it just me, or was the show better LAST year? Not as many booths (although Thorne Brothers and FISH 307 were bigger  with more product), no Christian Brothers Brandy give-a-ways, and two booths I always like to shop weren't there. Also, I didn't see the Iceshanty.com booth. Was there one? Disappointed for the 6 hour round trip, and expenses, price of gas being what it is. Got a few little bargains, but not up to last years quality of a show. I'm retired and every penny counts. Oh well, maybe next year will be better.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #163 on: Dec 14, 2010, 03:01 PM »
Ice Shanty booth was the second one on the left as you walked in the door...   We did not have a booth on Sunday, only Friday and Saturday...   Next year we will be there all three days again... ;D ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #164 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:07 PM »
I will see what I can do KP....  Maybe rent a bus for the weekend and pick every one up and bring them home... ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D   And give out free jigs on the bus.... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :whistle: :blink: :whistle: :blink:

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #165 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:22 PM »
KP we had free parking down the street and I had an extra ticket for you Friday.
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #166 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:31 PM »
He could have used it wiredstone..  After paying for gas, parking and for him , his wife and kids to get in he probably didn't have any money for jigs....  Well he did leave with the biggest sled I have ever seen... ;D ::) ;D ::) ;D ::)

Offline ultimate tire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #167 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:37 PM »
WAS MY THIRD YEAR IN A ROW GOING TO THESHOW. HAD A GREAT TIME ONCE AGAIN. WANT TO THANK BRO FOR THE NICE CHAT.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #168 on: Dec 14, 2010, 09:03 PM »
Ice Shanty booth was the second one on the left as you walked in the door...   We did not have a booth on Sunday, only Friday and Saturday...   Next year we will be there all three days again... ;D ;D

'splains that. Was there Sunday.
Thanks!

Offline meatman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #169 on: Dec 14, 2010, 10:29 PM »
i didnt wait in line at all at thorne bros. :tipup:

Offline Cterp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #170 on: Dec 15, 2010, 10:57 AM »
First time to the show for me. Thought it was pretty decent. Went Saturday only to return again sunday  ???.
Got a killer  :o deal on a new Otter from Kruger's, a bunch of Maki's, buckshot's and a new set of mittens for wifey. The only disappointment was 1) the line at Thorne Bros (that program needs repair for next year) and 2) not meeting any of you guys at the IS booth. I walked by several times saturday and the booth had been abondoned   ::)....well maybe not abondoned as much as left for a "minute" while shooting the s**t   :-\.
also would have been cool  if I could have joined the IS militia at the show.
Look forward to a bigger and better show next year and meeting some of you guys on the ice.

Offline slipbink

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It aint bragging if its true!
« Reply #171 on: Dec 15, 2010, 11:28 AM »
First time going to the show. Loved it. Who couldnt its ice fishing
Its never to cold to fish.

Offline NORRM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I see fish lurking about the chilly depths!!
« Reply #172 on: Dec 15, 2010, 01:02 PM »
Who were the winners of the big raffles going on? Such as the big giveaway trip and the jiffy auger.
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day
Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in his shanty all day and drink BEER!!

Offline fishman31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #173 on: Dec 15, 2010, 08:36 PM »
It was nice to see so many people at the show.  We enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to an even bigger show next year. So a great thank You to all those that attended and to those that were unable to we sure hope  you can attend next year.   Affinity Events is doing an outstanding job.

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #174 on: Dec 15, 2010, 09:15 PM »
The Thorne Bros line moved pretty fast, I went through 3 times.  Kept seeing more deals.  Finally figured out the Clam Expedition Hut, and I can get it up easy.   The hut, you know what I mean.   ;D ;D ;D
out
The Greenhornet's caught more fish then you've lied about, Gustafson!

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #175 on: Dec 15, 2010, 10:08 PM »
Sorry I missed you guy's RD, And RG. I heard you guys were the one's that manned the "Shanty" booth. Had I known ahead of time, I would have manned it on Sunday, since I was there most of the day regardless. Great deals went down on sunday also....plenty of haggling running rampant. I was one of those haggler's also! Got a bunch of jigs, and a great deal on an Arctic Armor suit! I'm stoked.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #176 on: Dec 16, 2010, 02:50 AM »
I didn't man the booth this year. I'm retired!

It was right next to Fish 307's "jig bar", so I was around for a while.

Thanks to Bean and RD for their time and efforts.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #177 on: Dec 16, 2010, 03:13 AM »
I was there all three days and met some of the IS crew which was a treat getting to talk about stuff. I didn't know there'd be a shortage of crew to man the booth or I'd have volunteered some time myself. It was a good show and worth my trip out there.

I was hoping to see Shane there too but missed due to unscheduled cramping problems from the new Chemo Program they got me on.

I'm already looking forward to next year. I did get the IDI Immersion suits I was looking for though, and while not quite the bargain I was hoping for I now have peace in mind for the folks who won't sink if they go through like my grandson, wife, myself, and friends.
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #178 on: Dec 16, 2010, 05:29 AM »
It was great to meet you Chainsaw. I hope all is well and you have a great season...

Offline Vogel451

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #179 on: Dec 16, 2010, 04:04 PM »
i was just wondering if anyone else filled out a raffle for the oasis travel package at the show at the entrance.  If so, how many of you won?  I got a call saying i won a vacation package for 4.  just wondering if its a scam

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.