Author Topic: Monster Perch  (Read 2372 times)

Offline NedShneebly

• IceShanty Rookie
Monster Perch
« on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:35 PM »
Went fishing today up in Sandpoint and caught some of the biggest perch I've ever seen!! The biggest one is 13 and 1/2 inches and well over 1 pound. Caught many others over 8 and 10 inches. Rainy, Ice was good though.

Offline fishmonger535

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • was that the wind???
Re: Monster Perch
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2009, 09:13 PM »
wow, those are good ones, did u catch them on LPO? i fish there for them a lot in the summer and get a lot between 4-10 inches, but no humpbacks. Lots fo perch in that lake though..
catch em.. kiss em, and let em go.

Offline NedShneebly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2009, 12:21 AM »
Yea I was on Pend Oreille. I think a state record Perch can get caught out of that lake for sure. There was alot of Perch over 10 inches getting caught.

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2009, 05:08 PM »
OK so where at? The only good perch i have found this year is in Blue Lake in Preist River. Have only gotten a few in LPO this year. Slammed them last year.

Offline stjoemitch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2009, 03:40 PM »
Went fishing today up in Sandpoint and caught some of the biggest perch I've ever seen!! The biggest one is 13 and 1/2 inches and well over 1 pound. Caught many others over 8 and 10 inches. Rainy, Ice was good though.
Were you fishing at the Condos, Sunnyside or Bottle Bay?  How was the ice.  Is there still ice as of today. Thanks

Offline NedShneebly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2009, 04:02 PM »
Bottle Bay is the spot where I was, I heard in front of the condos is very slow. As far as the ice goes it was over a foot thick about a week ago and with this cold snap we just had I would assume that the ice is still plenty thick.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.