Author Topic: Eyoyo 7" 720 HD Underwater Camera vs the Marcum Pursuit 5" 1080 HD Camera  (Read 3634 times)

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
I've been want to add an underwater camera to my arsenal but was up in the air about which way to go. Here I compare the budget friendly Eyoyo 7" 720 HD underwater camera and the higher end Marcum Pursuit HD.

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
Hey milt,
Thanks for that awesome video !!! It answered alot of questions on the eyoyo...
I follow your you tube channel and would like to give you a shout out for a solid channel.
I hope that you faired ok from the fire this summer. That was some strange times...
Thanks again  :tipup:
Wyoming_Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey milt,
I follow your you tube channel and would like to give you a shout out for a solid channel.
I hope that you faired ok from the fire this summer. That was some strange times...
Wyoming_Ice

Thanks! Glad the video helped. For the $$$ the Eyoyo is a great little unit.

The first few weeks of September were really stressful with the fire. It burned within a half mile of the house for several days but thanks to the work of firefighters, a backburn, and good weather our house and property were spared. Definitely added a few gray hairs that week.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have a Eyoyo camera and I love it
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Icephishwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
On year 3 with my Eyo well worth the money spent  ;D

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
I have one but only used maybe 4 times.

Ive messed around with settings and im pretty decent with electronics. Im still thinking its operator error ;D but my results have been consistent.

Just always seemed to pick up too much screen clutter and/or dirty water.  Too distracting for me

It is a nice little unit and i also got the tripod with remote from aqua vu. I bought the one with 75 foot cord for lakers but havent had any luck. Ill try again this year.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have a basic Eyoyo (no recording) and happy with it. I too had the issue with finding my lure but made a clamp assembly to hold the camera at a specific depth off the bottom but still not really happy with locating lure. Last year I switched to down view and like the advantage of seeing the fish coming from any direction and very easy to find lure.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have a basic Eyoyo (no recording) and happy with it. I too had the issue with finding my lure but made a clamp assembly to hold the camera at a specific depth off the bottom but still not really happy with locating lure. Last year I switched to down view and like the advantage of seeing the fish coming from any direction and very easy to find lure.
(Image removed from quote.)

Do you mean you got the 360° panning camera cause that's what I'm switching to this year through Eyoyo.
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular

Do you mean you got the 360° panning camera cause that's what I'm switching to this year through Eyoyo.
No I just made a manual one, piece of hockey stick with a spring clamp on it both of which I had. Not as nice as the remote but it worked. Like I said in the previous post I switched to a down view and like it better, you don't get quite as much detail, but seeing the fish coming regardless of direction is nice.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
No I just made a manual one, piece of hockey stick with a spring clamp on it both of which I had. Not as nice as the remote but it worked. Like I said in the previous post I switched to a down view and like it better, you don't get quite as much detail, but seeing the fish coming regardless of direction is nice.

That's why I'm switching to the 360° camera cause finding jig is hard and it's wants to spin

Offline Icephishwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular

Rubber ball on a bucket panner

Offline huntinfool18

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have one of the Eyoyo cameras. It’s pretty decent for the price. But you get what you pay for. I’ve had mine for about a year. All the wires on the spool have split and broke right at the connector. No way to fix it. I’ll have to buy a new camera and wire if I want to keep using it

Offline EYOYO

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
I have one of the Eyoyo cameras. It’s pretty decent for the price. But you get what you pay for. I’ve had mine for about a year. All the wires on the spool have split and broke right at the connector. No way to fix it. I’ll have to buy a new camera and wire if I want to keep using it
We offer 1-year-warranty for EYOYO branded cameras! You can email [email protected] for a replacement camera!
EYOYO underwater fishing camera maker!

Offline dekatronic

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey milt,
Wyoming_Ice

I second this - great YouTube channel! Also please keep posting more videos with your Pursuit HD. I'm in the market for one but would like to see footage of the actual screen in action. I know the video output is 1080 and makes exporting video quality much better, but I don't really see this as a benefit when viewing on a 5" screen. I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on this.

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
I second this - great YouTube channel! Also please keep posting more videos with your Pursuit HD. I'm in the market for one but would like to see footage of the actual screen in action. I know the video output is 1080 and makes exporting video quality much better, but I don't really see this as a benefit when viewing on a 5" screen. I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on this.

I think that is my biggest complaint. The 5" screen can be tough to see. If they come out with a 7" it will be money.

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular

I have had my for 3or4 years no problems, no breaks no problems at all.

Offline dekatronic

• Team IceShanty Regular
I think that is my biggest complaint. The 5" screen can be tough to see. If they come out with a 7" it will be money.
Dang it. I want one but I think the 5” screen is just too small. I’ve got a few more questions and would appreciate it if you could offer some comments. Are there any video outputs to view live on a larger screen? Is it possible to power it using an external battery or are you limited to using its own internal battery?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.