Author Topic: Buzz stick  (Read 12663 times)

missfishylicious

Re:Buzz stick
« Reply #30 on: Nov 15, 2003, 08:45 AM »
I think you can pick up one of those little vibrateing capsules at any adult store just tape it to the end of your pole and see what happens .......Your fishing pole  :-\ ;D

Offline fishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #31 on: Nov 15, 2003, 08:47 AM »
Maybe you can fish it with the zipper lure ;D, i mean zip lure... 8). whatever....... just another fad for 2004.

Chumster, don't knock the Zip lure until you've tried them. I've been using them for 2 years and it's a great blade bait that has caught alot of fish. Give it a try.
God grant me strength to catch a fish
So large that even I
When telling of it afterwards
May never need to lie.

SafeIce

« Reply #32 on: Nov 15, 2003, 01:19 PM »
Ok After all the "Buzz" on da stick..............

I was at Gander Mt. today and was checking them out.

The sale "Lady" was watching me with it...............hehe

Never seen a face turn so many sades of red :-[

Sure don't look like anything i'd use.

iceguru

« Reply #33 on: Nov 17, 2003, 12:45 PM »
my wife chipped her tooth on mine. ;D

Offline WalleyeStalker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #34 on: Nov 17, 2003, 03:40 PM »
Last February on Lake Of The Woods we were able to try out the prototype. A guy approached my pals and I to ask our opinion. The thing we noticed was if you were fishing shallow you wouldnt want to use one, the lure shook something fierce. But the deeper we went 16+ feet,themore subtle the presintation. We fished with a Medium  Buzzstick 6lb Fire Line and a 1/8 oz Ivans glo jig, in a hole next to it we had a Berkley Dave Genz ice rod, 6lb Fire Line and 1/8 oz gold jig. We put our aqua veiw down and watched how the jig reacted, as I said before after 16 feet it was pretty inticing. We were fishing 27 feet of water and at first it was a draw between the two rigs, but I was bit off by a pike, and switched to gold jig and I out fished my friend almost 2 to 1 with the Buzz stick. We stitched rods and holes and he proceded to catch 5 saugers to my 3 in an hour and a half. I have to see something work before I will buy into it, and i was quite impressed with the Buzz Stick. We only tried the Medium and it worked fine. I dont know how the lighter actions would work with tear drops. Because the closer to the tip the more the lure shakes. I did get one this summer as a thank you for input. But unless I was there to see it I would of been very skeptical. But I saw saugers swim past the indetical presintation to go to the lure that had just been buzzed. I do worry about the quality of construction as to water getting into mechanical housing, and battery life. After 6 hours the one we used had slowed considerably, and when we were givin it to try he had installed a fresh battery. If you like trying the latest and so called greatest then it may be the rig for you. I will take mine along but will probley use it more as a dead stick then my primary presintation.

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Nov 18, 2003, 09:43 AM »
Walleyestalker: will you tape down the button on that buzzstick when you use it for a deadstick?  I looked at these at cabelas the other day I think it's just another gimmick.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #36 on: Nov 18, 2003, 10:00 AM »
I had the chance to check this out yesterday at Gander Mountain. It just looks like another "gaget" especially once you see the accessory pack that they sell as well. Besides, I have found that the cold saps battery power very quickly like the D cells in my bait air pump. I just tap the base of the rod and that seems to work just fine, plus I have more control of the vibrations.

Offline Icehunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The ice is Hot
« Reply #37 on: Nov 18, 2003, 10:11 AM »
I had the chance to look at these sticks and also thaought that they would be the gimmick for the season.  One concern that I had was that if you got any water or slush in the area that the rod connects to the handle it would freeze and then you're right back to a normal rod.

I did not purchase the rod just like I did'nt go for the lighted lures last year.
Fish, friends and beer, it does'nt get anty better!!

Offline Cooley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Nov 18, 2003, 12:53 PM »
I dont care what anybody says about these buzz
sticks,this will be the only way [I think] I will be able to get my wife on the ice........... ;D
How many men does it take to open a beer,
None...it's open when she brings it! ! !

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #39 on: Nov 18, 2003, 02:36 PM »
ROFLMAO....ohhhhh Cooley you're killing me!!!
I dont care what anybody says about these buzz
sticks,this will be the only way [I think] I will be able to get my wife on the ice........... ;D

iceman670

« Reply #40 on: Nov 18, 2003, 04:25 PM »
If you want to make one of your old poles into one, go out and find a
WATERPIX batt operated tooth brush, Be carefull when you take it apart.
the wires on the counterweighted motor are TINY., come with Batt, switchand motor. I made one , not to bad.
Hint: if you dont like the action put a drop of silicone on the weight.

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #41 on: Nov 18, 2003, 07:39 PM »
Hey everyone I'm working on one just like the buzz stick and NO BATTERY Just after you drill the hole bait up put the lure down the hole then take a cup of slush and dump down your pants. Should get the same jigging action. If too much cut it down to 1/2 cup.
Cold Feet

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Nov 18, 2003, 08:17 PM »
In Illinois, Ed Shirley's is selling the Buzz sticks for the same prices shown above.  I was in the Palatine store when they were stocking the shelves.  It looked like a gimic to me.  I turned it on and that tip was really jumping around... Since I mainly fish in 15 or less FOW I would think there would be too much action on the jigs.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Nov 19, 2003, 07:59 AM »
It is supposed to be a small movement to mimic the shrimp and forage. I agree, the tip seems to jump around a lot. I would like to see a speed dial (so would the wife).

PerchBusterSD

« Reply #44 on: Nov 19, 2003, 08:43 AM »
I went to a Genz seminar last night and talked to him about the buzz stick. You can say what you want but i know what he thinks of them now and as far as listening to some one about ice fishing he is the man ;D

MJ

« Reply #45 on: Nov 20, 2003, 10:58 AM »
 Ok here's the deal.  If someone was gonna make a rod with a buzzer, why would they not run a tiny wire all the way to the tip to defrost your rod guides for you off the same battery.  Just make a separate switch for it.  Am I crazy or has no one else thought of this?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.