Connecticut > Ice Fishing Connecticut

The End?

(1/12) > >>

Capn Ez:
It's not looking good over the next week. Temps in the 50s, rain...no bueno.

If it is the end, I can live with it. Yesterday I was fishing one of my spots with 6 Chinese guys from NY that love eating bass and crappies. A few weeks ago I helped them find the crappies and have seen them each weekend. About 2pm yesterday I had a flag go up just as the skies broke open and it started to pour. When I set up on it I knew it was a big one. I landed and weighed the 6lb 4oz bass and showed the Chinese guys as I unhooked it and released it. They were horrified. I was satisfied.

zackly:
Your good Karma was rewarded with that lunker bass! That you paid it forward by releasing it for another angler to enjoy catching means more good fortune in you future.

Global Warming in CT:
If it is the end, a 6+ pounder is one heck of a way to end it! Good for you.
I wasn't able to get out this weekend, so I fear that my CT ice days are over for this year.

IceDog88:
Great fish and nice to see it was released for another great day for someone else. And yes the ice was going fast yesterday. Started with 8" and by end of day lost 2-3"

sr73087:
They are forecasting the possibility of another cold wave at the end of the week. Looks like tomorrow night well below freezing, Cool on Tuesday barely above freezing. Hoping we don't loose too much. I had 9" here in Northern Fairfield county on Tuesday, I would think the edges are gone by now though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version