The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Triops as bait.  (Read 1167 times)

Offline subtlehustle76

• Team IceShanty Regular
Triops as bait.
« on: Nov 25, 2019, 08:26 PM »
Ever see triops? Google it. You can easily buy the eggs and grow them. They get as big as 3 inches and in MY opinion would make a gnarly ice fishing bait! I wonder how quickly something would strike at those!
"Nice bass thumb, wanna see my pickerel d!ck?"

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Triops as bait.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2019, 08:33 PM »
Wouldn’t that be considered introduction of a non-native species? What would the ramifications be if they established a sustainable presence in an impoundment? Playing devils advocate here. Just askin’!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline subtlehustle76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2019, 09:36 PM »
Ask all you want brotha! I wasnt talking about that at all. I was talking about the EFFECTIVENESS of them. thats all. If you want we can start a separate thread on your topic.. This thread is about how good would they actually work in catching fish.
"Nice bass thumb, wanna see my pickerel d!ck?"

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2019, 10:55 PM »
My mistake I guess, but if that’s your explanation of your post, I’ll accept it. No need for a separate thread!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2019, 07:13 AM »
From what I've read, they are difficult to raise, take time to grow, and will die quickly if they get cold. I would stick with minnows and waxies.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2019, 05:27 PM »
Ever see triops? Google it. You can easily buy the eggs and grow them. They get as big as 3 inches and in MY opinion would make a gnarly ice fishing bait! I wonder how quickly something would strike at those!
sea monkeys how ja get them to grow i tried and tried even call the company never had luck wanted them for a aquarium.gobies are cool too dont know if legal fo bait but must waters are loaded with them
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2019, 11:41 PM »
They’d stop moving from being too cold, they like heat. I’ve raised them a few times, but the species commercially available in kits don’t grow to be the 3” monsters.
 Besides that, they prob work great when paired with the right jig and action. I’ve caught several trout using a squirrel fur leech jig that has that same type of pulsating movements as the triop gills/legs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.