The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Trilene cold weather line in Klondike gold?  (Read 535 times)

Offline icecoldchrome

• Team IceShanty Regular
Trilene cold weather line in Klondike gold?
« on: Jan 20, 2019, 04:03 PM »
So I told the wife to pick.me up some line for my new ice rods and she got me trilene cold weather 4lb test in Klondike gold it's very small diameter but has a gold tint to it anyone use it before and any recommendations I Know I usually use clear florcarbon thanks for the advice

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Trilene cold weather line in Klondike gold?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2019, 06:23 PM »
I've used four pound Trilene Cold Weather for years and like it, it's a pretty decent line with a reasonable price.  It holds up just as well as any other mono type line I've used and I tie the same knots as I do with any other line.  I can't say anything about the Klondike gold color as I never used that color before, I always get the blue colored version. 

Offline icecoldchrome

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2019, 06:33 PM »
Thanks I was wondering if the gold color would effect the fishing or not I'm assuming I'm going to have a very limited ice time this year and would hate to have the line screw me up

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2019, 07:10 PM »
I hear you there about not wanting to get screwed by the color of the line.  I've always used black braid on my tip-ups with green leaders and on my jigging rods I use blue Trilene Cold Weather, gray Trilene Micro-Ice, or clear mono when in a pinch.  I've read posts from guys who use all different color line and don't have any issues with the brighter colors such as sand colored braid, green, red, or yellow lines.  I personally prefer darker colored lines but have no proof that dark colored lines catch more fish oppose to bright colored lines.  I'd give it a try on one reel and see how it works for you.

Offline wayno2469

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2019, 08:21 AM »
I have experimented with this issue for a while. Using yellow or gold color line on one rod and clear or blue on another. To sum it up, I have not found a real big difference. Some days the yellow seems to work best, other times the clear appears better and there are days when they work equally as well. For what it is worth, I caught the biggest walleye I've ever caught with yellow line. This was in open water however. Hope this helps. Have fun and stay safe!! :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.