Author Topic: almost  (Read 2173 times)

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
almost
« on: Dec 01, 2014, 04:15 PM »
Deer season almost done , freezer filling up. Off to Pulaski for some steelie action . Hurry up ice :tipup:

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: almost
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2014, 05:23 PM »
Good luck with the steelies man! Had my fair share of kings first weekend in October. Love that place
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2014, 05:43 PM »
You lucky dog Bug! Good luck on the river.

Offline lure loon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2014, 06:11 PM »
LIFE IS GOOD !!!!

Offline frenchy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • addicted to bass fishing
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2014, 10:20 PM »
Deer season winding down and ive got NOTHING.... whatever I'm just hunting so the ice comes quicker ;)
Bass fishing is #1

Offline Grizzzz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2014, 06:43 PM »
Guess i will be catching trout and schoolie stripers a little longer than i hoped for.

http://www.weather.com/forecast/national/news/december-thaw-major-warming-trend

JBO112394

« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2014, 07:29 PM »
Weather.com eh.  You know they are NBC right?  So they, to keep eyes on that lucrative advertising, they hype everything.  I have not trusted their forecasts since NBC bought them. 

Meanwhile several different credible sources are calling for a weak el nino and slightly colder than average winter.   With a higher than average amount of snow.

Remember NBC Loves the democrats and push the global warming agenda wicked hard, so I am not surprised they authored that. (Note the bold last sentence)

My point...get the gear ready.  Its almost time.
Don't you know they now refer to it as "global climate change"   ::) ::)::), you have to get with the times. There has been fishable ice the past 2 weekends in CT, the earliest I have seen, so I am not worried about it.

Offline Grizzzz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2014, 07:42 PM »
I am on the coast and not willing to drive an hour plus to spots i don't know to drill ice.
I am not going to have ice for a while. I am still getting ready though.

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2014, 02:31 PM »
Deer season, errgh, too warm in Oct. and no time in Nov,., haven't seen anything but camera pics and sign...but that's for another board I suppose. Seen a couple lakes earlier tied up in the Litchfield area, small ponds, but enough ice to keep the ducks away. The bay north across the road from the new state boat launch at Bantam still had skim on it earlier this week, and the the snow cover is still pretty good up there. I work in Bantam, so I'll relay any info I can get.
A smart person would watch the few that ventured to the ice sheet, the daring would follow in their boot prints, but the pioneers would already be heading to where they belong.

Offline NorthEastFisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2014, 10:00 PM »
You can *PREDICT* the weather but time will only tell the true story.
Team CT 203
YouTube Channel: NorthEastFisherman

Offline saxmatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2014, 12:48 AM »
I'm glad I hit the ice in CT in November for the 2nd year in a row. It looks like it will be a while before we get safe ice again. Time to put more fish in the bait tanks.

Offline Grizzzz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2014, 04:31 PM »
Not willing to drive... does not compute.  You gotta pay if you really want to pay.  Ill do a 10 hour road trip in a day to get on good fish, as I ice fish more and more I am more into destination trips....which allow for ice fishing in November or chasing species unavailable in CT.  Different strokes I suppose.

I'll fish open water til there is local ice. What don't you understand?
I enjoy fishing the tidal streams in hopes of hooking up with a sea run trout. Catching a unicorn is way more rewarding to me than catching anything through the ice.

Offline Penn920

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2014, 12:55 PM »
I like how this year is setting up. Last year I was ice fishing on Bantam Dec 10 but then it warmed up and rained, and left the lake full of honeycomb crap ice. It wasn't ready till a few days after Christmas that year nothing but a tease. Then if anyone remembers there was a cold spell for a week after Christmas and then a massive rainstorm came through, and literally wiped out every lake in CT that had less than 4 inches on it  ::) Hoping this year the ice happens around Christmas and there's a few weeks of good long cold (no snow) days to really make the base, then its game on  :tipup:

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2014, 05:01 PM »
I like how this year is setting up. Last year I was ice fishing on Bantam Dec 10 but then it warmed up and rained, and left the lake full of honeycomb crap ice. It wasn't ready till a few days after Christmas that year nothing but a tease. Then if anyone remembers there was a cold spell for a week after Christmas and then a massive rainstorm came through, and literally wiped out every lake in CT that had less than 4 inches on it  ::) Hoping this year the ice happens around Christmas and there's a few weeks of good long cold (no snow) days to really make the base, then its game on  :tipup:

I agree

Offline Grizzzz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2014, 03:53 PM »
I was being facetious.

TY for clarifying

Offline ctice84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2014, 11:34 AM »
Ten day forecast looks good for the nw corner. Daytime highs in the mid 30s and nighttime lows in the mid and lower 20s. Let's just hope there right

Offline FishPasteJones

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2014, 03:16 PM »
Ten day forecast looks good for the nw corner. Daytime highs in the mid 30s and nighttime lows in the mid and lower 20s. Let's just hope there right
yep, could use a few degrees cooler. It is what it is...

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 12, 2014, 05:22 PM »
They've been wrong a few times about the weather the past few weeks around me. They'll say 30 at night and my thermometer will read 24 some nights. One of the few times I haven't complained when they are wrong
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.