Author Topic: Whats up with Kelly & Watson Lakes  (Read 625 times)

Offline martenpine

• IceShanty Rookie
  • when there is shot in the air there is hope
Whats up with Kelly & Watson Lakes
« on: Feb 26, 2008, 12:53 PM »
This year I have been fishing new lakes that I haven't fished before. Generally I can catch a few fish when ever I go out but recently I've been getting blanked. The last two lakes I tried 2 times each are Watson & Kelly lakes. I've fished them both pretty hard and cut quiet a few holes but drew blanks. I see that  they have been fished but even the popular looking areas are dry. Is it the moon or what? If any of you guys have been successful at either of these lakes please clue me in a little.

Offline sameyer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Whats up with Kelly & Watson Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:44 AM »
I was on Watson the other day and had the same result as you, nothing.  THere was another fella catching some small rainbows near the lilly pad beds but he was using small tackle and single eggs.  I was jigging large spoons and didn't have one strike, which is also unusual for me.  Fished this lake at first ice with no luck, have fished Kelly many times drilling many holes and have never caught anything but small rainbows (6"). Caught two very nice rainbows in Watson last summer, one was 21" so they do come through the lake.  Might get good just before ice out but you have to be careful on either end as the ice gets pretty thin.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.