Author Topic: 3rd trip  (Read 1692 times)

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
3rd trip
« on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:07 PM »
Went for something new little bit of hunting little bit of fishing only fished for a few hr on 17 got a few smalls then had one pull out line for a few seconds then go away It felt big the rabbit hunting wasn't so bad got three missed one saw about 25

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 3rd trip
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2007, 10:38 PM »
very nice! Are you in the valley - is that a relatively close drive for you? Sounds nice to have that available so close - I'm sure there are places to do it near fairbanks, but I haven't explored enough. Living in Anchorage I never realized how many fishing/small game opportunities were out in the valley.

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2007, 11:05 PM »
I got the rabbits up by Pinnacle creek on the Glenn then drove back to 17 Mile Lake. I love Alaska in the winter I'm sure there are places up there were you are. this fall I saw a rabbit and a hin on the road to Quartz Lake It's fun for the Kids to

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2007, 02:35 PM »
bunnies 'n burbot 'n trout!  Oh my!

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2007, 04:17 PM »
I was thinking of stoping at Long Lake for the burbot bot the good fishing is on the far side of the lake didnt want to walk that far

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2007, 08:12 PM »
I was thinking of stoping at Long Lake for the burbot bot the good fishing is on the far side of the lake didnt want to walk that far

Are you talking about Long Lake at Mile 86 on the Glen?

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2007, 09:14 PM »
thats the one the other in palmer is closed till may I might try the one in Willow one of these years 

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2007, 09:19 PM »
If you really wont to confuse all the long lakes check out the Bathymetric Map and Fishing Information on the ADFG site specifically the one in willow

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2007, 02:16 PM »
They named them "Long Lake" because it takes so long to figure out which lake a person is referring to!

Offline ulflyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2007, 11:02 PM »
If you really wont to confuse all the long lakes check out the Bathymetric Map and Fishing Information on the ADFG site specifically the one in willow

Oh yeah you mean the one off the Seward Highway!  (geez!)....Some snow plow went and bermed up the public access at Long (really near Willow) was there last Saturday

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:53 PM »
that happens every year.  I think it's a local that lives on the lake wants to keep access restricted as possible.  I have hit a few spots with some good overflow so if you do manage to drive on the lake be careful.

BTW, how did you do fishin'?

Offline ulflyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2007, 08:18 PM »
Pike 10 (holes drilled).....Pike fisherman 0...nada....narry a nibble !!! >:(

Big Beaver, maybe Flat on Saturday....will be drivin' on it this weekend!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.