The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Milwaukee Harbors  (Read 928 times)

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Milwaukee Harbors
« on: Jan 22, 2019, 10:06 AM »
A buddy and I are headed up to fish Friday-Monday.  We were planning on fishing Milwaukee for brown trout Friday, then headed to Green bay Sat-Monday for whitefish.  Are the harbors in Milwaukee relatively safe yet?  We were planning on fishing behind the ampitheater there or McKinley park, just based off of Youtube videos we had watched in our research.  If anyone wants to meet up with some out-of-towners, let me know.  Thanks!

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Milwaukee Harbors
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2019, 08:48 AM »
So we got skunked in Milwaukee, but it sounded like everyone else we talked to was having a slow day as well.  We did decent on whitefish up in Green Bay, caught 12 first day and 10 the second between a buddy and I.  We went out of Red River County Park and fished 15fow.  We had a great time.  If anyone has any questions, feel free to let me know!

Offline Milwaukee

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Drillin' Holes, Bending Poles
Re: Milwaukee Harbors
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2019, 09:19 PM »
Yeah at first ice in the harbor I heard the browns were hammerin. Then the snow and insane cold hit and it slowed down. Fishing in the harbors here is always hit or miss. I find it rarely consistent. It can even be that way in open water. It's all worth the chance at a giant though.
Drillin' Holes, Bending Poles

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.