Author Topic: ....... Fish Trap Tips ........  (Read 255941 times)

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ....... Fish Trap Tips ........
« Reply #330 on: Jan 08, 2017, 07:57 PM »
My heaters burned holes through my reflectix while I was waiting for it to cool off and the wind blew the wall into it. Maybe a metal bucket or a piece of stove pipe?

I am not positive this will work but I think that Reflex stuff is made of metal foil. How about lining a bucket with reflex or some other heat resistant material you may know of and then put your warm heater in the bucket for transport purposes?

Good Luck
"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline borg0196

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #331 on: Jan 10, 2017, 09:11 AM »
Awesome,  awesome post going here. I'm going to be purchasing a 1 man flip for trips I take alone and don't want to drag my 2 man yukon. Haven't seen any mods to mount a buddy heater/cooker? Basically a sunflower heater with the metal stand. It gets hot and when jumping holes you have to wait a few minutes to put it in your tent to move. Anyone have an idea on how to mount it or hang it so i can move quick and not have to worry about melting anything?

I have seen, can't find it now, where they mount a piece of wood to the outside of the sled with two hooks on it. You then hang it back there, facing out, while you travel to the next hole.

Offline borg0196

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #332 on: Jan 17, 2017, 03:37 PM »
Finally started getting everything organized in the sled. I will try to post some pictures.

HAWG Outdoor lights are amazing, cheap, and come with everything you need. They are waterproof, come with mounting straps, and are ready to hook up to your battery.

Mounted the tank holder, holds 4 1# tanks.

Shelves are in and fit great. I saw these on here and modified them a bit. Added cup holders and foam for hooks. I used another piece of wood underneath to help support. I also added the center console, and mounted a second battery holder underneath for the lights. Console can hold a battery that will charge my electronics separately.

Shelf for the other side.

Offline FrostBack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Vegetarian: Cree word meaning poor hunter!
« Reply #333 on: Jan 18, 2017, 10:36 PM »
Those shelves look good, glad the plans worked out for you!

The difference between an 8" hole and a 10" hole is.....a 10" hole will usually give you your boot back!

In the food chain of life...its not good to be referred to as: "a good eating size".

Offline kuenro02

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #334 on: Jan 24, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Was thinking about adding a few layers of the rigid insulation to the bottom of the sled cut to size. Then i would cut out patterns to hold gas tanks, bucket, etc. My question, do i glue it down or should i just lay it in incase water gets under the insulation. I would think if water gets under it could get gross and smell. Thoughts?

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
« Reply #335 on: Jan 24, 2017, 06:42 PM »
Kuenro02    I have a 1/2" foam mat in my gut. Works great for noise and I think it's a bit warmer also. No matter what I do I seam to get snow or water in the bottom and it always gos to the recesses. My shop is heated and everything drys out fast except the water that's under the foam. I have it so I can set everything out and lift the foam out so everything can dry. Works great for me. Good luck

Offline sdbigeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #336 on: Mar 07, 2017, 10:00 PM »
i have a non insulated clam voyager that i was considering putting reflectix in like some have, but didn't like how it looked in the pics on here. looked like it didn't seem to be supple enough to fold with the cover the way i would like it. so i was pondering how or what else to use while in bed just before i got up to go fishing early when it came to me. i was sleeping under my solution! my blanket was just perfect! later in the day when i got back i went to the local stores to look for a blanket that would work. found several at my local family dollar for a total of @ 60 bucks. put them in between the cover and poles, attatched them together and to the poles, using zip ties for now(i know,crude!) to be sewed together later. man was it warm in there and it folds up just how i wanted it to. did add a little wht. but after i get it all sewed up(or rather my wife, as she's the one with the sewing business!) i'll really put it to the  test next season when we hopefully get some really cold weather to make ice! oh, sorry no pics!

Offline DANMAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #337 on: Jan 02, 2019, 07:24 PM »
Finally started getting everything organized in the sled. I will try to post some pictures.

(Image removed from quote.)
HAWG Outdoor lights are amazing, cheap, and come with everything you need. They are waterproof, come with mounting straps, and are ready to hook up to your battery.

Mounted the tank holder, holds 4 1# tanks.

Shelves are in and fit great. I saw these on here and modified them a bit. Added cup holders and foam for hooks. I used another piece of wood underneath to help support. I also added the center console, and mounted a second battery holder underneath for the lights. Console can hold a battery that will charge my electronics separately.

Shelf for the other side.

might be good idea round those shelf corners.  avoid poking hole in cloth

Offline TNT5859

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #338 on: Jan 02, 2019, 07:26 PM »
Great info

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.