Author Topic: mounting skis on a jet sled....part 48  (Read 2223 times)

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
mounting skis on a jet sled....part 48
« on: Sep 11, 2006, 03:10 PM »
So I just looked through all the old messages...wowza..and I plan to mount some old water skis that I was just given ('youre going to do what? with them?')  My question is, from all the lessons learned out there, what is the best way to do this....Im planning to put them on 2x somethings...and i plan to mount a bit of a frame around it to have a second story of sorts up top for my auger, etc...

Is there a reason to have a greater distance from my sled to the skis?  Should I use something inside the sled as opposed to just screwing the sled into the 2x....i dont want it to tear out.....

Anyway, any hints from those who have done this would be appreciated.  I know this subject has been talked about,,,but i havent seen any nitty gritty details....

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: mounting skis on a jet sled....part 48
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2006, 03:14 PM »
I used 2x6's between the ski's and the floor on mine...the distance provides a nice bit of ground clearance in case the snow is both light and somewhat deep,,,this way the front of the sled doesn't "plow" snow.

I drag all my gear to the ice without benefit of either a wheeler or a sled, I used a regular pair of skis and they work great, drags easily.  Esox
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: mounting skis on a jet sled....part 48
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2006, 03:44 PM »
Ken                                          

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.