Author Topic: Eskimo w/ TC II - Identify Missing Throttle Piece  (Read 1033 times)

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
Eskimo w/ TC II - Identify Missing Throttle Piece
« on: Jan 19, 2020, 09:07 AM »
Hey friends,

Can anybody identify the piece of the throttle system that I'm missing here? You can see I have a piece of a white wire coat hanger in it's place.  Gotta be some kind if spring but when I look at a spec sheet all I see if the other spring in the back there (That spring doesn't seem like it's in good shape either) 😐

Thank you -Ed

Video - http://imgur.com/a/9OCaFkO

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
Re: Eskimo w/ TC II - Identify Missing Throttle Piece
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2020, 08:40 PM »
Looking at the video, I'm pretty sure it's the throttle lever or rod.  You have to pull on it to increase engine rpm, right?

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2020, 06:30 AM »
@fisherman1 @hardwater diehard

Thanks gents! It appears you are correct. That throttle control is missing a linkage or something.  I ordered a new one yesterday!

I appreciate your help very much!

I also found a new old stock OEM carb online that I might grab just to have. Only thing is, it says for a TC300 but the part number on the box is different than what the book says.  (The box says part# 632935) any insight in to that would be appreciated.

I think I'm going to  buy it anyway for a potential spring project.

Thank you for the help, Ed

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2020, 08:20 AM »
@fisherman1 @hardwater diehard

Thanks gents! It appears you are correct. That throttle control is missing a linkage or something.  I ordered a new one yesterday!

I appreciate your help very much!

I also found a new old stock OEM carb online that I might grab just to have. Only thing is, it says for a TC300 but the part number on the box is different than what the book says.  (The box says part# 632935) any insight in to that would be appreciated.

I think I'm going to  buy it anyway for a potential spring project.

Thank you for the help, Ed

Parts numbers change from manuals to production ..what number does the book say ...look up that number via the web..you should see that the part number replaces or has been replaced by another number . Good luck with your auger. ..if your in it that deep may want to change some springs if changing out the carb ..also be carful with the springs ..disassembling all the way will be much better than forcing any springs or parts ...Also adding SeaFoam is a great option to clean up that carburetors innards. ..may want to try SeaFoam before any carb replacement try this

Fill auger tank 1/4 w/proper oil/gas mix to that add Seafoam 2oz or more ...mix ....run auger till warmed up...then kill motor via the choke .....let sit half hour repeat ...let sit over night ...should fix some of the woes .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.