Author Topic: Garmin Ice Transducer  (Read 25087 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Garmin Ice Transducer
« Reply #60 on: Dec 27, 2022, 05:20 PM »
I seems to work just fine.

Heads up on the stopper ..it goes through the transducer cable ...unravel the cable and disconnect it from the unit thread the cable through the stopper loop it keeps it from getting lost.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline manfromibiak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Dec 27, 2022, 06:10 PM »
I seems to work just fine.

Heads up on the stopper ..it goes through the transducer cable ...unravel the cable and disconnect it from the unit thread the cable through the stopper loop it keeps it from getting lost.

I did that! Only "complaint" that I have is that the cable is on the thicker side for the float and the stopper. But I'm really happy all and all.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #62 on: Dec 27, 2022, 06:23 PM »
I hope your set up serves you well. Good luck out there ...Tons of YouTube video on the menu set up.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline manfromibiak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Dec 27, 2022, 06:49 PM »
I hope your set up serves you well. Good luck out there ...Tons of YouTube video on the menu set up.

Thanks dude! Good luck to you as well!

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 28, 2022, 06:07 AM »
Somebody mentioned zip tie to stabilize the angle and a float - pipe insulation or pool noodle (where can I get it in snowy winter months?). Not sure how I would tie it because Google image showed a different model transducer  ???
find a friend that has a pool noodle. ask if you can have 6" of it

Offline manfromibiak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Dec 28, 2022, 06:15 AM »
find a friend that has a pool noodle. ask if you can have 6" of it

That would work but I can't think of any right now but it's okay as we got it resolved.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #66 on: Dec 28, 2022, 06:19 AM »
This Arm may work as well..Scheels has free shipping once in a while or free ship at $50

https://www.scheels.com/p/marcum-replacement-transducer-arm/85722400261.html?cgid=all

Offline manfromibiak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Dec 28, 2022, 06:36 AM »
This Arm may work as well..Scheels has free shipping once in a while or free ship at $50

https://www.scheels.com/p/marcum-replacement-transducer-arm/85722400261.html?cgid=all

Thanks for the tip! I will try to see if I can utilize the side pockets first. Will give it a thought if the side pocket isn't working

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #68 on: Dec 28, 2022, 07:33 AM »
Thanks for the tip! I will try to see if I can utilize the side pockets first. Will give it a thought if the side pocket isn't working

I am not sure how much transducer cable you are dealing with so maybe you can coil it underneath the unit and then place it it the bag . I would buy a ice ducer before trying to make or buy another case .

Offline manfromibiak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Dec 28, 2022, 08:09 AM »
I am not sure how much transducer cable you are dealing with so maybe you can coil it underneath the unit and then place it it the bag . I would buy a ice ducer before trying to make or buy another case .

I'm dealing quite a few feet of cables as the open water one is for boats and other water crafts. I'll push through this year, I do have the ice transducer on my next season's shopping list, as well as the Eagle Claw hard rod case

Offline manfromibiak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Dec 28, 2022, 09:47 AM »

Great news! The side pocket fits all the cable. Now I just need to make a small incision to get the plug through and we are set. Also the two sided zipper allows me to tuck the ducer and part of the float inside the bag

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #71 on: Dec 28, 2022, 10:01 AM »
Good ..on another note

You should add your location to your profile>>>Forum Profile... county and state ..helps with your area weather conditions that you may experience ...locations of retailers etc.

Offline manfromibiak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Dec 28, 2022, 10:08 AM »
Good ..on another note

You should add your location to your profile>>>Forum Profile... county and state ..helps with your area weather conditions that you may experience ...locations of retailers etc.

Just updated. How will I get the information on area weather conditions, as well as retailers?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #73 on: Dec 28, 2022, 10:33 AM »

Just updated. How will I get the information on area weather conditions, as well as retailers?

When you ask a question in general about products..best this or tha for examplet ...Member will know where you hark from and make an informative comment ...folks in your are may have keen insight in to baits and techniques ...some folks may go so far as to what does and does not work on a particular BOW . and may even suggest a meet up .

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=49.0

Offline manfromibiak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Dec 28, 2022, 10:38 AM »
When you ask a question in general about products..best this or tha for examplet ...Member will know where you hark from and make an informative comment ...folks in your are may have keen insight in to baits and techniques ...some folks may go so far as to what does and does not work on a particular BOW . and may even suggest a meet up .

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=49.0

Very nice! Thank you so much for the help and insights

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.