Author Topic: LX5i charger problem  (Read 699 times)

Offline iceaddict2

• IceShanty Rookie
LX5i charger problem
« on: Dec 26, 2017, 10:05 PM »
Hey guys I got a Marcum Lx5i that I baught last year and was working great.  Then this year I notice that the light on the charger is not turning red when I plug the charger on the unit.  Any of you guys with that unit or any other Marcum unit have that problem before.  Is the charger the issue?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: LX5i charger problem
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2017, 07:57 AM »
do a search on here.the Marcum chargers are not trustworthy or accurate.junk in other words.mine stayed red and my other one was always green.**censored**.get a battery tender jr. and ditch that cheap charger.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2017, 10:23 AM »
do you have a volt meter?

i had a wire fire with this type of charger (cabelas brand) and wanted some thing safer. i went with the battery tender jr because it is much safer and fused and heavy wires. also it is vented where the heat originates from to help keep the parts lasting longer that get hot.
they are on amazon for 25$.

you can get a 6$ digital meter from harbor freight or find the coupon that gives it to you or get a 20% coupon for it.

check on the warranty if you want another marcum charger.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2017, 10:30 AM »
After three years my Marcum charger wouldn't turn green anymore so on the advice of 3300 I got a battery tender jr and never had any problems since.  You can trust hi 3300's advice, he knows his stuff and was a big help to me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.