Author Topic: Removable Spring Bobber  (Read 994 times)

Offline MSUICEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
Removable Spring Bobber
« on: Nov 10, 2017, 06:15 PM »
Anyone know of one that you can remove without having to "unthread". Before I go crazy and start mocking some up with titanium wire and figure it out myself, I'm wondering if there are any already developed that basically allow you to remove without having to cut and retie.

If so, let me know. If not, give me a week or two and I'll come up with something.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Removable Spring Bobber
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2017, 06:36 PM »
yep, frabill titanium do that. are are adjustable and fast to add/remove from rods.
http://www.frabill.com/ice-fishing/accessories-43/titanium-spring-bobber.html

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2017, 06:59 PM »
Thanks for posting that, they just went on the must get list. 

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2017, 07:14 PM »
glad to help. they are a must have for me. i tried many types, but nothing works as nice as these. until you have enough of them, you can slip em on and off while keeping the jig tied on. they are nice to have fully retracted so you can stow your rig keeping it all together for the next day. i hook my hooks into the butt of the handles of my rods and use rod slicks covers to keep snags and tangles away and the bungee cord keeps the handle on the reel in place.

i found a fire sale on amazon for 3$ each and bought a lot of them. they retail for 20$ and can be found for 12$ most places. if you don't want to use it on a spoon that is too heavy, you can leave it on and just have it retracted or partially out.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2017, 07:17 PM »
I've also tries some others over the years and haven't found one that didn't have something I didn't like about it until now.  With these freeze ups won't be an issue which is the biggest problem I've found with others I've tried. 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2017, 07:23 PM »
I've also tries some others over the years and haven't found one that didn't have something I didn't like about it until now.  With these freeze ups won't be an issue which is the biggest problem I've found with others I've tried. 

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/frabill-titanium-spring-bobber?a=1946392&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA-BING&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Bing&utm_campaign=CI

SH2116...FREE SHIPPING CODE
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.