The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Couch on skis...  (Read 1726 times)

Offline GlovelessPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
Couch on skis...
« on: Nov 24, 2017, 07:39 PM »
I have always wanted to pull out a couch - half the time a few of us take naps when it’s slow- went as far as picking a couch out of the trash and had old skis to use. I just never had a good place to store it. Thought about covering it with waterproof material and using the hollow space under the cushions to store equipment or make a cooking station with a plywood shelf and sides to block the wind. Also thought about making a pull-over tarp similar to those Clam sleds... anyone ever seen one or try this?
How can you be icefishing if you're sitting at your computer???

Offline GlovelessPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Couch on skis...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2017, 07:43 PM »
Probably should have google pictures before I posted but all I saw was some bubbas sledding downhill, no one using one on the ice.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2017, 08:28 PM »
 As we speak, I have a nice leather recliner that I picked up a couple of weeks ago for this very purpose. One of my customers wanted to get rid of it and I was able to do a few things around her place and pick it up for my time. Can’t wait to throw some skis on try it out. Must be a good idea, because my wife thinks I am nuts. I spend alot of nights on the ice in hub shelters and can see  this being a very comfortable way to go.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2017, 11:50 PM »
I would probably start with building a couch like frame over the skies ensuing that accessible storage was there. Then add outdoor type cushions to make it couch like.

It would be easier to maintain than the upholstery of a real couch.

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2017, 06:14 AM »
just make sure the couch you use is from Bob's furniture so it's lightweight  ;D

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2017, 12:43 PM »

I drilled some holes in the skis for ice anchors. might try and marry it to an Otter brand tow hitch next.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2017, 12:54 PM »
i love it, I have to have one. I wonder what I could use for a canopy over it? leave it out on the ice! the neighbors would love it.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2017, 01:01 PM »
here we go.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2017, 01:13 PM »
 I’ve thought about actually mounting a flipover  tent right to the chair with no sled attached. Time will tell. Hopefully you guys get something put together so we can see what you do!

Offline Icer for life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2017, 02:39 PM »
This is some serious stuff here, might be my new favorite thread, right up there with "The Cabin 2016/2017 Edition" from Drifter.........follow ing this one anxiously - pics of the mods and then pics on the ice I hope.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2017, 10:08 PM »
Leaving it out on the ice would not go over well with the authorities or the local residents.

As long as you take it with you or have it stored in a shelter you should be OK.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2017, 10:36 PM »
Leaving it out on the ice would not go over well with the authorities or the local residents.

As long as you take it with you or have it stored in a shelter you should be OK.
Just because I bring a couch or on the ice, people assume I’m White Trash. LOL

Offline GlovelessPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 29, 2017, 07:08 PM »
Awesome - just a heads up... as tempting as it will be I’m sure it’s illegal to tow the couch behind a powered vehicle with people riding even if they have helmets and you go extremely slow... some game wardens may be cool but lately we’ve had some noobs who are soooo anal about helmets and whether a rig is designed for multiple riders —- just a heads up so you don’t have a day of fun ruined.. you know there will be some clowns with open beers doing donuts flinging guys off the couch lol —- can’t wait to see pics but most of all be smart and safe!! PS don’t forget a towbarr so you don’t smash when stopping

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Nov 29, 2017, 07:50 PM »
 ::)

Offline GlovelessPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 29, 2017, 07:59 PM »
Here’s some ideas..Who’s gonna “one-up” everyone and build the LEGO movie double decker couch lol— or two couches that connect via a hammock —- a couch with a pull out bed but instead of a bed it has a Twister mat lol

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 29, 2017, 08:43 PM »
Awesome - just a heads up... as tempting as it will be I’m sure it’s illegal to tow the couch behind a powered vehicle with people riding even if they have helmets and you go extremely slow... some game wardens may be cool but lately we’ve had some noobs who are soooo anal about helmets and whether a rig is designed for multiple riders —- just a heads up so you don’t have a day of fun ruined.. you know there will be some clowns with open beers doing donuts flinging guys off the couch lol —- can’t wait to see pics but most of all be smart and safe!! PS don’t forget a towbarr so you don’t smash when stopping

not here this is vermont we do what we want.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.