Author Topic: Attn: Apple iPhone/iPad and Vexilar FishPhone Users...  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I upgraded both my iPhone 6S and my iPad Air2 to IOS 11 earlier this week and now my Fishphone no longer works with them.  :-\.  It looks like Vex hasn’t updated the App since IOS 8.  I’m wondering if my 3 y/o FishPhone is now an anchor? >:(  No a happy camper at the moment and will be calling Vexilar CS asap to see if they’re going to update the App to make it compatible with IOS 11.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Attn: Apple iPhone/iPad and Vexilar FishPhone Users...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2017, 03:34 PM »
Sorry for a dumb question, but what is a fishphone?

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2017, 03:57 PM »
Thanks for sharing the link, interesting little camera.

Offline Warren_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2017, 09:54 AM »
Ios 11.0.3 here and both the Vexilar app and Navionics seems to be working fine. Maybe try removing the app and reinstalling it if still having trouble. I know some apps that don't handle ios upgrades very well will work better if installed again from scratch.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2017, 10:19 AM »
my outdated apps all complain that they need to be updated, IF they need to be updated to be compatible with IOS 11.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2017, 02:03 PM »
Thanks guys!  I got it fixed.  Unload and re-load was exactly what Vexilar told me to do!  Their CS is second to none! 

Offline rl_sd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2017, 02:27 PM »
Thanks guys!  I got it fixed.  Unload and re-load was exactly what Vexilar told me to do!  Their CS is second to none!

Did it help with the crappy video resolution at all? Don't get me wrong, I love my FP - But my friends laugh at me when I tell them how awesome the picture is, and then send them a pixelated video. Does everyone else have that problem? Not sure why they can't get the same resolution that they are showing on the screen applied to the creation of the video!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.