Author Topic: how do you attach those bells to your rod tip and line?  (Read 2505 times)

Offline HuntFishFreak

• IceShanty Rookie
I have one of those glow in the dark, clip on bells. I've seen in a pic how you attach them to your rod, but I don't see how your line coming off the spool does anything to move the bells...Any suggestions? ???

Offline Sax_

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: how do you attach those bells to your rod tip and line?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2006, 09:41 PM »
I just attach them to the rod tip and not the line. when the fish hits you can easily hear the bells if your not too far away
Sax

Offline HuntFishFreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2006, 08:21 AM »
Are you supposed to have your bail closed or open? Are you supposed to have the switch that stops your reel from going in reverse on, or let it go in reverse?

Offline Sax_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2006, 08:53 AM »
I usually have the bail closed and the drag kinda of loose in case a big fish decides to take it . I have had the drag to tight and watched the pole go down the hole so thats something to remember when setting the drag. some guys like the drag really tight so the fish set them selves but be careful . I wouldn't leave the bail open because the fish prob wont bend the rod enough to make the bells jingle . also i leave the the reel so the reverse is off so that when you run up to it you can quickly set the hook . another thing to think of is that if you do leave the drag loose when you grab the pole to set the hook I will tighten the drag alittle before i set the hook or will put the palm of my hand on the line and the pole (if that makes any sense ) then adjust the drag accordingly. hope this helps , I'm assuming your using a dead stick  ???
Sax

Offline HuntFishFreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2006, 09:48 AM »
That's exactly what I wanted to know...thanks. However, I do not know what a dead stick is  :-[

Offline Sax_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2006, 10:15 AM »
That's exactly what I wanted to know...thanks. However, I do not know what a dead stick is  :-[
a dead stick is simply a jigging rod on a holder that sits without somone jigging it
Sax

Offline HuntFishFreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2006, 10:43 AM »
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.