Author Topic: Neoprene Gloves  (Read 1473 times)

Offline BobWhite

• Team IceShanty Regular
Neoprene Gloves
« on: Jan 05, 2006, 04:21 PM »
I just bought a pair of neoprene gloves anyone like these for ice fishing. What kind of gloves do you guys wear?

billybono

Re: Neoprene Gloves
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2006, 05:05 PM »
none! i have a hand muff i use...like nfl quarterbacks use

billybono

Offline cstolp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2006, 07:54 AM »
I have a pair of neoprene gloves in a 5 gal pail with my other retired ice fishing stuff.  The problem with them is that after a short period of time your hands natural perspiration starts to build up (neoprene does not breath) and your hand get very cold.  You would be better off with no gloves at all.  If you need to submerge your hands in the water once in a while and you don't mind putting them on and taking them off again then they'd be OK for that.
Cheese Head

Offline IceReaver

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Psalm 27
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2006, 09:24 AM »
I fish without any type of shelter, so gloves are an important part of staying warm.  I actually have a number of pairs that go on the ice with me...I start the day with neoprenes because I'm setting tip-ups so my hands are constantly in the water.  Once my hands start to cool off because if the perspired moisture on the inside, I switch to military inserts...the olive green wool gloves.  They aren't very thick, but they allow a sensitive touch for jigging.  Like billybono said, the most important hand-warming piece of equipment is the hand muff.  It allows me to keep at least one hand warm at a time and on cold days I can transfer minnows from the bucket to the tip-ups in the hand muff without worrying about them freezing in my hand.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Im with Icereaver...I have a few pair of gloves with me...I perfer to wear none, and on a good day I dont, but I carry both neoprenes that spend most of the time in the bucket and are worn when messing with a tip up or other water sports...Then i have my quick flip gloves to keep the hands warm and fingers when needed..

Where do you guys get the hand muffs? are they the heated gerbings ones or just a genaric one> I didnt want to spend the coin on a heated one, but could go for a generic one?

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2006, 08:37 PM »
Try Seal Skinz, they are water proof and you don't sweat in them, best glove made.  You don't even need the insulated ones unless it is really cold and with the uninsulated ones you can still bait a hook with them on.

http://www.sealskinz.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.