Author Topic: Camp Shower  (Read 2511 times)

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Camp Shower
« on: Nov 08, 2005, 08:14 PM »
Does anyone own/have used the Zodi camp shower? 

We have a seasonal cottage that I like to use as a basecamp for ice fishing.  Each year as part of the winterizing protocol, I drain the pipes.  Therefore, when we come up...........no water.  It would be nice to be able to take a warm shower and the aforementioned item seems like the "ticket".  The information I have on it claims it has "good pressure".  Well I'm not sure exactly what that means.  They claim a 10 minute shower for 4 gallons of water.  This would work out to 0.4 gallons/minute.  This does not sound like alot (pressure) to me.  Am I looking at this right?   More importantly, is there anyone out there who is familar with this set-up?

Thanks ;)
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline arctic1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Camp Shower
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2005, 09:18 PM »
Does anyone own/have used the Zodi camp shower? 

We have a seasonal cottage that I like to use as a basecamp for ice fishing.  Each year as part of the winterizing protocol, I drain the pipes.  Therefore, when we come up...........no water.  It would be nice to be able to take a warm shower and the aforementioned item seems like the "ticket".  The information I have on it claims it has "good pressure".  Well I'm not sure exactly what that means.  They claim a 10 minute shower for 4 gallons of water.  This would work out to 0.4 gallons/minute.  This does not sound like alot (pressure) to me.  Am I looking at this right?   More importantly, is there anyone out there who is familar with this set-up?

Thanks ;)
we have one for camping in the mountains and love it. One of the best purchases I've made in the last two years. Bought it from cabelas along with the shower tent. Real happy with both. It helps to use room temp water, but pulled mountain stream run off to shower temp in just a few minutes of recirculating. Not alot of pressure but does the trick.

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2005, 09:20 PM »
Thanks artic1.
Walt

Offline novice2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2006, 05:00 PM »
I'm in the same situation, with a seasonal cabin.  No running water.  Even if you got one of these portable showers, you would stilll have the issue of draining the water away.  How would you deal with that?

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2006, 06:03 PM »
I'm in the same situation, with a seasonal cabin.  No running water.  Even if you got one of these portable showers, you would stilll have the issue of draining the water away.  How would you deal with that?

Novice2:  All you would need to do is remember to fill the trap on the shower (assuming this is where you would use the portable) with non-toxic anti-freeze before you leave. 

We have been using ours for years without running water, utilizing the above method for both the shower and toilet.  Nice thing is Lake O doesn't totally freeze, so I walk out on the ice, fill up a few 5 gallon buckets with lake water and use this to heat up on the stove for washing, shaving, etc and straight from the bucket to flush the toilet.  It's crude, but it works! ;)

I love going up to the cottage in the winter.  It is so peacefull and quiet.  Sometimes, when we are up, we go days without hearing anything but the ice shifting and the deer running through the trees.

Offline novice2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2006, 09:32 PM »
So you could let the runoff from the portable shower go down the drain in the permanent shower basin and not have to worry about those pipes freezing?

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2006, 11:36 PM »
So you could let the runoff from the portable shower go down the drain in the permanent shower basin and not have to worry about those pipes freezing?

Yep.   ;)

Offline novice2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2006, 08:56 AM »
Great.  Thanks.  I may even be able to get my wife up there now in the winter.

Offline arctic1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2006, 01:21 PM »
hey baginwal, Have you bought or used the portable shower yet!

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2006, 01:36 PM »
Hey Artic!

No not yet, but I am planning too very soon.  Because of all the "warm spells", we have only been able to go ice fishing once this season (day trip...........4 1/2 hour ride to fish with a friend, fish all day and then drive 4 1/2 hours back.......day trip :cookoo: ;D), so we haven't needed it. 

I was hoping Santa would bring it (I left enough hints!), but didn't happen, so...........next trek to Cabelas in Hamburg, PA.............and it's mine. :)

Thanks again for your advice and help.
Walt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.