Author Topic: Good deal on Mr. Heaters  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good deal on Mr. Heaters
« on: Dec 11, 2005, 06:18 PM »
I was in the market for a new Buddy Heater, and my dad noticed someone on ebay selling a "Factory Refurbished" unit there.  This gave us the idea to look up the manufacturer on the Internet, and we gave them a call at 800-251-0001.  Low and behold, they sell factory refurbished units directly.

I paid $35 plus $7 shipping (no tax) for the Buddy Heater.  The refurbished unit has the same factory warranty as the new units, so I figured what do I have to lose.  If something is going to go wrong because of its refurbished condition, there's a good chance it will be within the warranty period.

The cheapest I have seen them this year anywhere else is $75-$80 plus shipping and/or tax.  I could buy two refurbished units at that price.

Offline pontiac787

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Good deal on Mr. Heaters
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2005, 03:26 PM »
Good tip Thor!  I haven't seen them for less the $75 either.

Offline southern comfort

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2005, 07:41 AM »
just got off the phone and they said it was $60 and it includes shipping and it was a refurbished portable buddy unit. When I asked about the $35 plus $7 to ship she said not here.Very nice lady but I could not get the $35 deal.

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2005, 08:29 AM »
I don't know what happened. ???  I ordered mine about two weeks ago and received it a few days ago, and I am sure I paid $35 plus shipping.  However, I will be double-checking my credit card statement when it arrives to be sure.

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2005, 09:13 AM »
I just called the factory because I was certain about the $35 price,  and here is the story I got.  If you currently own a Mr. Heater that is having trouble, the factory can offer you a refurbished heater as a replacement for $35 plus shipping.  If you do not currently own a Mr. Heater, and are looking to buy a refurbished one, the price is $60 with shipping included.

I seemed to get the impression that if you imply that you are a current Mr. Heater owner who is having trouble with one of their units, they will give you the $35 plus shipping price without too much hassle. ;) 

Offline southern comfort

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2005, 07:09 PM »
Thanks Thor for getting this straightened out for us.Getting it for $35 plus $7 shipping total $42 sounds great but I dont think  I will call back and try to B.S. my way into a sweet deal but might just consider paying the extra $18 and get it for $60 which includes shipping.

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2005, 08:32 AM »
Cabela's must have put them on sale recently then, because I checked with them before I bought one from the factory, and the price was $79.99.  In fact, I looked at them in the Hamburg store at the ice fishing weekend, and they were $79.99 then too.

I did receive a Bargain Hunter catalog from Cabela's a few weeks ago, and they had the heater there for $79.99, but they were throwing in a free carrying bag with the purchase of the heater.

Something is strange at Cabela's.  If you input the catalog number from Froogle, the heater comes up at $59.99 on Cabela's website.  If you do a keyword search for the Mr. Heater on Cabela's website, you get a link with a different catalog number and a $79.99 price.  Even when I tried "adding it to my cart", it showed up at $79.99.  Could it be old stock versus new stock? ???

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2005, 09:20 AM »
Well, at $60 plus shipping from Cabela's, I'm still probably around $25 to the good. ;D

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2005, 08:35 PM »
Thats a good deal im gonna be ordering mine soon. Thx for the info!

Offline ICE PIRATE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2005, 07:06 AM »
Check out Tractor Supply. My friend bought the portable buddy new for around 60 dollars at the West Branch MI location. They are green and black and must have been made special for them. Hope this Helps. Brent

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.