Author Topic: strikemaster 4cycle auger  (Read 499 times)

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
strikemaster 4cycle auger
« on: Jan 03, 2014, 06:49 AM »
Hi guys , looking for any info on the strikemaster 4 cycle auger. I have the older 2 cycle and want to upgrade . Any thoughts . Thanks

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: strikemaster 4cycle auger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2014, 06:57 AM »
First you gotta ask yourself why you want to upgrade? Does your current auger not work anymore? Or do you just want the latest and greatest...i personnally just bought the SM magnum on black friday and with proper care it will take me to my grave and get passed on...but to answer your question im sure it will drill holes like the auger you currently own

Offline DFresh75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:25 AM »
This might sound dumb, but while I don't like to pollute with 2 strokes, every 2 stroke engine I have owned has fired up with a little sea foam help no problem even with todays crapty ethanol gas only being good for 30! days. 

4 Strokes with no oil get gummed up more.  That is my 2c anyway

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:23 AM »
I have a Strikelite 2 4 stroke and like it. Mine starts on the second pull and idles smoothly. I have read they are cold blooded and will bog down, but I don't have a problem with that. Like any other engine I own I let it warm up a bit before using it. So far it has been great and weighs only 23 lbs.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:47 AM »
thanks guys.Repairman says my old 2 stroke is about burned out (ethanol). Guess I didn't switch soon enough.

Offline Scout 24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2014, 03:13 PM »
I bought a Strike-Lite 4 stroke the first year it came out, maybe 8 years ago? Quiet and odor free but we like the torque and lightweight the best. We fish 1-2Xs a week for 2-3 months and have no issues at all with it except the plastic blade cover broke and we juryrigged it. Blades are tough to find, we had to order through Strikemaster to find them, on our third set in 8 seasons or so. We used to have an Eskimo which weighed almost 15 pounds more so the lighter weight was a blessing as we handpull everything in sleds. My buddy bought the new one with the Honda engine last year and that one starts first pull nearly always, feels just a tad torqueier than my older one but his blades are brand new. When he first got it, it would bog out if the gas cap was tight. As soon as I loosened it, it would run fine. Strikemaster sent him a new cap and it's run fine since. Mine has the nylon auger while his new one is metal, they both weigh 22-23 pounds filled.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.