Author Topic: thorne bros custom perch sweet heart  (Read 1918 times)

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thorne bros custom perch sweet heart
« on: Nov 02, 2005, 12:20 PM »
i am thinking about ordering the thorne bros perch sweet heart rod.  wondering if anyone has one or checked them out?  is it worth ordering?

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
Re: thorne bros custom perch sweet heart
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Holy crap slipbob, that's alot to pay for a rod! It better clean and fry the fish for ya! ;)

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2005, 03:51 PM »
I drive by Thorne Bros every day and have been to a few seminars they have done.  They are by far the nicest rod I have seen, but unless my disposable income triples and I find a job that gives me winters off, I just can't justify the price. 

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2005, 07:54 PM »
Whether its worth it or not depends on how you want to use it.  The handles are kinda strange to me. The balance seems odd. Like there isnt enough handle. I have a couple, they arent worth the money. For jigging spoons you dont need much sensitivity, they usually let you know pretty clearly. For small jigs they are too much rod. I suppose they would be OK for bigger jigs, maybe 16th oz. I would rather use St Croixs, seem better balanced anyway for less money. Now if you want the good Thorne Bro rods, try the Sweet Pea and Sweet Thing. Those are better than the Sweethearts IMHO. I do all my fishing with Thorne Bro rods. The perch sweethearts seem like a stop gap between the light rods like Sweet things and the walleye sweetheart type. I like my walleye sweetheart more than the perch sweethearts I have, probably because of the handle. I dont know if they make a Light Power Walleye sweetheart but next time I would get that before the perch sweethearts. Good Luck.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline iceonly

• IceShanty Rookie
  • just set the hook
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2005, 06:34 PM »
HEY GUYS,
  I have several Thorne Bros rods and feel they are well worth the money. A few years ago I landed an 8lb channel cat on a 19" sweetheart with 2lb test line. I like to sight fish and if the small sweetheart is'nt the finest rod made for this type of fishing ,someone out there is going to have to tell me what is.
                                                Jim
If it ain't cold, it ain't fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.