Author Topic: Small Baitcasting Reels  (Read 1017 times)

Offline pontiac787

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Small Baitcasting Reels
« on: Oct 17, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a scaled down baitcasting reel with a good drag?  I have one of the crappie style reels, I think its made by Shakesphere, that I really like.  Its very compact and works well but the spool is geared directly to the handle so the drag only works when you let go, makes it a little tricky if you hook a fish that wants to run.

Thanks,

-Ed   

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Small Baitcasting Reels
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2005, 01:06 PM »
I have seen some small baitcasters on ebay, but know nothing about them. I do know that many folks, including myself, keep the drags on our spinning reels tightened way down, and fight fish by backreeling. Perhaps with a bit of practice, the same could be done with the baitcasting reels.

80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline pontiac787

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Small Baitcasting Reels
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2005, 01:11 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  I guess I'll just have to work on using a little restraint while fighting the fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.