Author Topic: tip-up carrier on the ATV?  (Read 3229 times)

Offline thor94

• Team IceShanty Regular
tip-up carrier on the ATV?
« on: Oct 12, 2005, 08:22 AM »
I think i'm started to go a little overboard with this stuff.   I just finished up my auger holder for the front of the quad (i'll post some pics at some point), and now i'm looking at a cleaner way of carrying the tip-ups on the quad. (rather than the typical bucket or basket).  I'm thinking of taking some 4" pvc and cutting them into like 2' sections, putting some type of bottom with holes for drainage and fastening that cluster of pvc pipes to the drop-rack of the atv.  That way, each tipup has it's own little carrying case.   The whole thing would need to be easily removable from the rack, so i can store it inside to thaw out...  Does anyone have any other ideas?  Am i going nuts?

grumpymoe

Re: tip-up carrier on the ATV?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2005, 08:40 AM »
Imagination runs rampant at this time of the year....no....you're not going nuts......its Addiction and there's only one cure.....Hardwater.... keep your thoughts and ideas coming....Grump :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2005, 09:06 AM »
Thor94, if you find or make something for the ATV please post a picture as I have been thinking of the same for my bike.

WannaBe

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2005, 10:35 AM »
I do not have pictures, yet. I bought the Condeco (20$) from Wal-Mart and mounted that on the rear rack, I used aluminum angle and made braces so my tip-ups can lay on them and not move when I travel.  I also cover my hooks with old film canisters so the lines do not tangle.  I am in the process now of making a "Sled Mate" for those that seen it last year at the ice show in St.Paul.  I have a medium otter, they only offer for the magnum.  If any-one has done this I would like some ideas as to what you did.

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2005, 06:46 PM »
Thor 94  Yea your nuts but you gave me an idea. I bought a drop back rack from cabelas it holds 3 5gal buckets. but on the outside I can mount 3  2 inch p.v.c.tubes like rocket launchers on each side Thanks for tip

Offline thor94

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2005, 07:45 PM »
Thor 94  Yea your nuts but you gave me an idea. I bought a drop back rack from cabelas it holds 3 5gal buckets. but on the outside I can mount 3  2 inch p.v.c.tubes like rocket launchers on each side Thanks for tip

That's exactly what i was thinking...all the pvc would be lined on both sides of a drop rack.  Good call on looking like a rocket laucher..how cool would that be?  Next i need to come up with the ice-bar mount, chair mount, tool mount, enclosures for the whole quad.. someone save me!!!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2005, 07:49 PM »
this is what im hoping to add to my quad this year!  Auger Caddy

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2005, 01:12 PM »
Just a thought, while I'm here.

If you are useing the standard X style tipups, I have a rig on my sled that carries them nicely. They fit very well into 2" pvc tubes, flag end down. The spool will not fit down the tube, so they do not slide out. Sort of like a surf rod rack.............
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline donmac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lakes Region, NH
« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2005, 07:21 AM »

As seen, I use the auger holder on the front and the koplin bucket holder on the back.  I really like the bucket holder.  One bucket for bait, one for tip-ups and the flasher fits perfectly between the two.  I normally don't have the plow on while ice fishing, but this was the pic that I had handy...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.