Author Topic: Ice hoggers  (Read 4481 times)

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ice hoggers
« Reply #30 on: Feb 02, 2013, 12:09 AM »
I saw it.....and I got one.......I find the comments of those that don't have one, very interesting. I admit the cost is excessive for the amount of materials in it, but then there's nothing else out there like it!! Do you need one?............heck no!!!!  But, you don't even need an auger.........just use that axe behind the seat in your rig.  And finally, FWIW, if you decide to pony up, you won't be disappointed, I'm sure not. I've purchased a whole lot more for icefishing that has been far more worthless!!
Don't need an auger????  I would like to see the size of the hole after you used an axe to chip through 50'' of ice :)
If you wantah be a fishah you gotah smoke a swishah!

Offline MT-Ed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 02, 2013, 10:18 PM »
That's my point Jiggy....MOST stuff out there DOES serve a purpose, and each of us gets to choose what works best for us. So many comments were in a negative vein, that I was hoping to make the point, is it really fair to trash a product when you haven't even used it????  Oh, re: the axe......I used to get soaked when I used to use a spud bar..... I can only imagine an axe........50" of ice......w/o an auger, I'd only fish in the summer!!!!!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: Feb 03, 2013, 06:33 AM »
I would really like to know how much this thing weighs. If you watch the videos it looks like a lot more work to get the hole completely cleaned out and up and down with the auger. I will call them today and find out about the Eskimo 8" how much it weighs. Well maybe tomorrow since this is Sunday.
<===Lefty===

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #33 on: Feb 03, 2013, 06:40 AM »
Just what you need...............Mor e stuff  :whistle:

WS

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:11 AM »
Just what you need...............Mor e stuff  :whist WS

Just what I was thinking. But like any outdoor related industry,  be it hunting or fishing, they need to come up with a new gimmic every year to keep realling in the fish. some of the gimics are for realing in suckers. I can not beleive all the new gimmics in turkey hunting gear ever year. i am still using the same calls I bought 30 years ago.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #35 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:06 AM »
Just what I was thinking. But like any outdoor related industry,  be it hunting or fishing, they need to come up with a new gimmic every year to keep realling in the fish. some of the gimics are for realing in suckers. I can not beleive all the new gimmics in turkey hunting gear ever year. i am still using the same calls I bought 30 years ago.

I like catching suckers to use as bait for real fish. I guess that is the same case here.
<===Lefty===

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 04, 2013, 04:46 AM »
Well it appears the concept works well enough to me. When I first get to the spot I'm fishing and I zip 7 or 8 holes right off the bat over a brush pile I really don't care to take the extra 15 minutes or so to clean out the holes especially with 16" of ice. I rather start fishing right away. I really don't think it weighs that much to take into consideration. I would only have to modify my auger mount on my ATV.

If you see a guy on the lake with one zipping holes and fishing right away I'm sure you'd get one sooner or later ..$0.02. Haven't bought one but might consider it next year.

Poorboy

Offline mt.redneck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 05, 2013, 09:22 PM »
Thanks for the video. You guys are missing the point. A sleeve of red solo cups,grape syrup=snow cones. Big money maker.

perfect idea, we market the idea and make millions  ;)
safe ice, tight lines and god bless!

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:43 AM »
I also like the idea about the red Solo cups. I work for Solo and it's all about buying American products and American jobs!

Poorboy

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 06, 2013, 08:31 AM »
Wait a minute, the videos show that it makes a pile of slush next to the hole! What do I need to carry to get that pile of slush away from my hole? Maybe if they would build an ice hogger with a built in backhoe shovel to move the pile of slush a few feet away and I would buy one. Haha!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
« Reply #40 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:58 PM »

Offline BigDdoney

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is best!
« Reply #41 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:44 PM »
Have had one for last 2 seasons ,works great and guys ask to use my auger instead of using theirs.also a safety thing on slick ice.Ive seen guys on glare ice not wearing creepers,get swung around by auger.flutes are protected.we have all bought stuff that is useless for icefishing.this is very usefull.if you haven't tried it don't bad mouth it. Jut don't buy one.I am happy and my wife who fishes loves it too.

Offline Sharp Nils

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:54 AM »
 Here is a hogger on a Nils.

I use one in the perm. When the ice is 3' thick there isn't anywhere for the chips to go other then on the floor so I send them into a big tote.
Who says you can't open old holes with a Nils? :)
Frank DeLuca

[email protected]

Offline osiris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 20, 2013, 10:59 AM »
ive been considering one of those for a while i would guess it would keep the inside of the perm cleaner then using a slush bucket?? anyone compared the two  ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.