Author Topic: Looking for Old Plastic Sled  (Read 1398 times)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Looking for Old Plastic Sled
« on: Jan 13, 2008, 07:41 PM »
I know this guy who has a pretty neat ice fishing sled. It is a plastic molded sled that holds two buckets and has four skiis. It looks like one of those steerable sleds with a long seat. Only it doesn't steer. I looked on ebay but didn't see anything like it. Just wondering if anyone knows what I am talking about. I just want something small to take my bucket(s), Finder, rods and hand auger. I used to have an old steel runner sled with a wooden gun box affixed to the top. The box would hold 2 buckets and my finder. But I had to carry my auger. Anyone got any other suggestions?
jbird68

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Looking for Old Plastic Sled
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2008, 07:35 PM »
I plan on buying a heavy duy kids sled, then building a small wood frame that holds my buckets from tipping over.  I have a similar need, except that I have a shanty that folds up intp 8" square by 4' long. So I need a sled just longer than 4' and plan to use Some brackets like you use to hang bikes in a garage attached to the wood frame to secure my auger. I will post some pictures this weekend when i get a chance to work on this project...

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2008, 07:37 PM »
Just noticed you said you had a wood box on top.....on the lid, just mount a atv type gun rack or brackets to hold your auger, just bungee cord it down.

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2008, 03:04 AM »
I plan on buying a heavy duy kids sled, then building a small wood frame that holds my buckets from tipping over.  I have a similar need, except that I have a shanty that folds up intp 8" square by 4' long. So I need a sled just longer than 4' and plan to use Some brackets like you use to hang bikes in a garage attached to the wood frame to secure my auger. I will post some pictures this weekend when i get a chance to work on this project...

That is what I done a few years ago, on the corners and in the center's I used 2x2's about 12" long then for the railing i used 1x2's I have had it for about 7 years now and it works great it cost less than $20.00 to build... Also found a real nice wood one on ski's at a yard sale and picked it up for a buck.... I use them both all the time.
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Offline bostoned

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:47 AM »
Check a Toys R' Us they have a kids tobagon (sp?) with a pull rope and everything for $15.  It's 5' long I think. 

I'm picking one up this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.