Author Topic: Ridgid Drill Users  (Read 14152 times)

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
Re: Ridgid Drill Users
« Reply #30 on: Sep 18, 2015, 09:16 PM »
New Milwaukee Fuel w/ 1200# torque & 5.0 batteries is the new top dog-- very reasonable for $299; I paid the same for the Makita w/ 1009# torque and 4.0 batteries. The Ridgid x4  had far less torque and batteries for  $279 (last season price). Choice is obvious w/ $30 difference...

Even if it is cheaper than a Rigid, for many of us it is about the warranty... A few years down the road when your Fuel dies, you will need to spend more and then years later, you will have to buy another... So your $299 x 3? If you don't care about the warranty that is fine, as for power I never had a problem cutting a couple hundred hole last season... The choice for YOU may be obvious, but for me the choice for a Rigid is just as obvious... If the fuels had the same warranty, I might have gotten one instead, but they don't... To each his own.

Offline LuckE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2016, 12:21 AM »
Well said 3300. I agree you can over analyse the point of the whole conversation.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2016, 06:35 AM »
heck, I don't even care about the warranty. I can get a bare tool Ridgid for under $70 and a pair of 4ah batteries for $100. If I fry the drill, it's just as easy to buy a new bare tool. I just like the Ridgid drill. I have the Fuego, it has 535 in/lbs of torque. That's more than enough to chew up the ice.

Offline jimbo3828

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Tool Maker
« Reply #33 on: Jan 24, 2018, 08:57 AM »
Hello fellow ice fishmen/women.  I was given a 6" K drill for Christmas so I purchased the gen5 brushless Ridgid 18v drill and impact drill set with 2- 4 ahr batteries and charger plus a free tool!  I tried it out this past weekend.  Conditions were around 20 degrees F and about 10" of ice.  I drilled about 25 holes with my first battery.  I have no complaints, everything worked as desired.  I can say that there was another group of fishermen using a gas auger and I finished drilling holes much sooner than them and I know I drilled far more holes too.
I would recommend this set up for a few important reasons.
           1) The set up is light and easy to handle
           2) LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT ON RIDGID EQUIPMENT AND BATTERIES
           3) FREE BATTERIES FOR LIFE
           4) My 10 year old son can safely drill holes with it
           5) Free LIFETIME sharpening of the K drill blades

Hope this review helps you catch more fish!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:40 PM »

I have the Ridgid and the Russian Nero Mini. Couldn't be happier. Sold my Eskimo Z51 when I saw how good this works. Went out today for the 17th Ice trip and the 13th with this setup. Drilling 20-25 holes average each time.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.