The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: hunter and the perch  (Read 800 times)

Offline michpike789

• IceShanty Rookie
hunter and the perch
« on: Mar 05, 2006, 10:04 PM »
I found this quite funny. I have yellow lab named hunter hes 6 months old and 61 pounds, real strong dog. I came home from lake st clair with a dozen perch. He always likes to investigate the fish. I took one out and it was still flopping around and let him sniff it. so it flopped and he grabbed it. I asked him to leave it but he bolted for the couch. i ran after him and he got behind a chair. finally caught up to him, grabbed his collar, and pulled him out to the open. there was a tail ahnging out ofhis mouth. i said to my dad, hes just like a pike, turned the fish head first, and hes got the big teeth and all. I tried to pry his mouth open and when i finally did, the fish was gone  , i said he ate the d**n thing. it was a 7 and 7 1/2 inch perch! he swallowed it head first! i was worried that its fins mite hurt his stomach lining, being that it was still alive, or if he tried to throw it up the fins might flare out and scrape up his throat. well 15 mins later, here comes mr perch onto the floor. To my suprise all of his fins were already digested. looked like he had been in there for a day. so now that hunter was alright we all had a good laugh!
Lets head out, make swiss cheese, jig for gills, and watch the flags!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.