Author Topic: I-Fish Pro Rods  (Read 1493 times)

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
I-Fish Pro Rods
« on: Dec 03, 2021, 08:39 AM »
What length/action/brand rod do you guys/gals run on your Ifish Pros?

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: I-Fish Pro Rods
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2021, 08:44 AM »
I don't have an ifish pro myself but I did some Google searching and I have seen it on In-Depth Outdoors show. Sounds like a TUCR 36" Deadstick is pretty common along with other brands deadsticks. Accepts up to a 42" rod I believe.

Offline helimpd124

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2021, 12:02 PM »
Depends on what I'm targeting. Walleye I just use ugly stik ice combos. 28 in medium

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2021, 01:12 PM »
Should not matter that it is an Ifish pro- just get the rod you would like to fight the fish with. Since you don't detect the strike with the rod tip or rely on it to set the hook, there is no reason to get anything too fragile or expensive. I would spend the money on good strong line, a fluorocarbon leader so it is invisible, and a reel with a good drag (if targeting bigger fish)

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2021, 02:46 PM »
Different rods for different fish, but for me, it was the Shimano Bait-Runner Reel that I use on my I-Fish that makes for a great"fit". To get one the size I wanted (small enough) I had to order one from the UK, but it was worth it. The flag goes up and the fish can take line with very little resistance. Often if you leave the bail open the wind plays havoc with your line. I use it most often when two lines are the rule, one is my I-Fish and the other is in my hand jigging.

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2021, 07:34 PM »
You will see plenty of recommendations for a $100+ custom.  In reality, unless you're a guide, tournament fisherman, or someone who is out 4-5 times a week, they aren't worth the investment.  I like running a 32" Beaver Dam Glass Noodle.  Soft, hi-vis tip with a nice, slow transition to the backbone, unlike most noodle rods which only bend in the first 1/4 of the rod.  Perfect deadstick rod for under $20.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.