Author Topic: Trophy Strike 120v  (Read 1788 times)

Offline TonyThunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Trophy Strike 120v
« on: Dec 24, 2019, 05:55 PM »
Anyone use one of these? Thinking of pulling the trigger, the reviews seem pretty good, this would be my first electric auger

Offline TonyThunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Trophy Strike 120v
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2019, 01:47 PM »
Well the trigger finger got itchy, I’ll get it Jan 9th and let everyone know how it performs

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2019, 02:07 PM »
Anyone use one of these? Thinking of pulling the trigger, the reviews seem pretty good, this would be my first electric auger

Lippy and I found a smoking deal at the end of last season.  We each scored one and I am totally happy so far. I purchased the 10" flute and extra set of blades for both of them. The thing chews up the ice.
In fact, I have a like new Ion X with an extra battery that I need to think about selling....🙄     :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline TonyThunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2019, 02:09 PM »
Nice that makes me feel good about this purchase, can’t wait to test it out. Merry Christmas to all

Offline Ziptie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2020, 09:22 AM »
I have a trophy strike and it cut well until it broke. i emailed them regarding the warranty and they initially responded asking for more info that I provided however they never responded after that 1 1/2 months ago.
the parent company Frictionless World declared bankruptcy in September so I am not sure if Trophy strike will be around too long.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2020, 09:42 AM »
You could try calling them. I was on their website and they claim to have more than 1 000 augers in stock. Their prices have dropped by about $200 for some reason. Hmmmmmm???  :o
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2020, 10:00 AM »
Well the trigger finger got itchy, I’ll get it Jan 9th and let everyone know how it performs

Havent used that specific model but youll love the silence of the electric for early mornings or in shallows going for those bows.
How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline Brendog9

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ga head
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2020, 07:02 AM »
I have a Strikemaster electric auger that I like a lot. The lightweight helps a lot. My only complaint is the cold does zap the battery if I can't keep it inside. Other than that, I love it.
Marking anything?

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2020, 07:22 AM »
I have a Strikemaster electric auger that I like a lot. The lightweight helps a lot. My only complaint is the cold does zap the battery if I can't keep it inside. Other than that, I love it.
Wow. Surprised.
I have tested the batteries on both the Ion and Strikemaster. I have left them battery face down on the ice in 20° weather as a test several times. It never affected battery life. Picked them up after laying all day, same battery level.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2020, 07:49 AM »
Wow. Surprised.
I have tested the batteries on both the Ion and Strikemaster. I have left them battery face down on the ice in 20° weather as a test several times. It never affected battery life. Picked them up after laying all day, same battery level.

Same
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2020, 07:52 AM »
Wow. Surprised.

My Milwaukee batteries have surprised me as well. Do amazing in the cold.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline TonyThunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2020, 05:12 PM »
So far the trophy strike has not disappointed, been drilling holes out for other people because it’s so fun and doesn’t fatigue me to use. My battery life has been great haven’t really been keeping track of how many hole per charge but I did over 40 holes one day for me and my girlfriend, plus helped out 2 other guys with probably 8-10 holes for each. That’s the most I did in one day and I still had half charge. Haven’t noticed the cold doing anything to my battery although it hasn’t honestly been that cold this season so far. I love the trophy strike!

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2020, 06:21 AM »
Wow. Surprised.

I personally wouldn't call 20° cold. But looks like you'll be all set for this season lol.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2020, 07:31 AM »
I personally wouldn't call 20° cold. But looks like you'll be all set for this season lol.
Me either, but in these particular tests(a few years back with Ion, this season with Strikemaster), the battery was literally laying on the ice.
Other test days with the Ion battery at -10 to 0, same performance. So yes I have had them in some actual "cold" too.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.