Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2018  (Read 72509 times)

Offline zack-attack

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2018
« Reply #150 on: Jan 15, 2018, 12:21 PM »
Mowbiz how is the water where you are, I couldn't see anything yesterday in camera , water was yellow

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #151 on: Jan 15, 2018, 12:32 PM »
Mowbiz how is the water where you are, I couldn't see anything yesterday in camera , water was yellow

Psycho said the same thing yesterday too, it took him almost an hour to locate his jig. Im pretty sure it had to do with the fowler river raging into the lake. Stirred up a mess. Hopefully clears up soon for you guys.

Thanks again for yesterday Zack Attack for the use of your auger and great seeing you out there!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #152 on: Jan 15, 2018, 01:18 PM »

Nice and clear here north of Mayhew
In 30fow Jigged up 2 so far then the bite died. Trying a live shiner now.
Lakers are around but not like this morning

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #153 on: Jan 15, 2018, 01:27 PM »
Picture of my shiner

Offline redneckfisherman5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #154 on: Jan 15, 2018, 01:36 PM »
Got a little late start this morning as the lock and the hitch mechanism on my trailer were frozen...had to get the torch to thaw them out.
Got to the shack around 9-9:30 and drilled holes for jigs and cameras.
Got set up and we’re covered up in lakers right away and I landed one and put it back. A couple of slams and misses and now it’s quieted down except for sniffers and cruisers.
now you've knocked the rust off! You'll be hooked on the jig stick now ! Glad to hear your seeing fish and hope the shack managed ok from the storm
Trout -the real pink meat

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #155 on: Jan 15, 2018, 02:09 PM »
now you've knocked the rust off! You'll be hooked on the jig stick now ! Glad to hear your seeing fish and hope the shack managed ok from the storm

Thanks to Jiggin and the guys our shack is fine...😜

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #156 on: Jan 15, 2018, 04:31 PM »
Ended today before sunset with 2 lakers. By noon things slowed down excep for an occasional chum taster. Will be at it again tomorrow much earlier. Got Shobizz her own Marcum top of the line camera for Christmas and she’s diggin it! 😀
Also the Argo was pulling to the left while driving and we found the tires were at almost zero pounds of air in them because of the cold wave...all aired up to a whopping 5 pounds now...should drive better now. Can’t wait til we can get some tracks on it...but ok for now.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #157 on: Jan 15, 2018, 06:47 PM »
Also the Argo was pulling to the left while driving and we found the tires were at almost zero pounds of air in them because of the cold wave...all aired up to a whopping 5 pounds now...should drive better now. Can’t wait til we can get some tracks on it...but ok for now.

Mowbizz, does all your tires take 5psi each? Mine are 5psi front, 7psi in the middle(s) and 6psi on the rear. Maybe it's different with tracks.....

Thats how i tell if im running low psi too, when it pulls to one side.

Saw you guys leaving the lake today. Glad you had a good day!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #158 on: Jan 15, 2018, 07:47 PM »
Mowbizz, does all your tires take 5psi each? Mine are 5psi front, 7psi in the middle(s) and 6psi on the rear. Maybe it's different with tracks.....

Thats how i tell if im running low psi too, when it pulls to one side.

Saw you guys leaving the lake today. Glad you had a good day!

Yes if you run tracks you need to follow that rule (a bit different for the 6x6) but without tracks you keep them all the same.
I will be getting rubber tracks like yours eventually. Then I’ll be good for all conditions.
Thanks! We had fun and didn’t even put out tip ups today!
We’ll be out tomorrow too...maybe the approaching storm will have the lakers biting!

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #159 on: Jan 16, 2018, 07:35 AM »
I use a Motorola MS350R 35-Mile Talkabout Waterproof 2-Way Radio. Although they say 35 miles, there's no way that is accurate. A couple miles for sure.

I like them cause they float and are waterproof (tested by accident).

We are on channel 5.5

If you get a radio and it has only 1 big 5 with no little 5, you can listen but can't talk. Any motorola FRS radio will work as long as it has a Big 5 and a little 5

I was going to ask that myself since I was at Wal-Mart last week trying to find a radio to communicate but none of them mentioned half channels, just "22 channels". Any other cheaper radios than $110 pair to talk to you guys??

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #160 on: Jan 16, 2018, 08:41 AM »
This is what I use...got them at Bass Pro in sale for less than that

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #161 on: Jan 16, 2018, 09:05 AM »
There’s a set on Amazon for $95 Orange color

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #162 on: Jan 16, 2018, 09:42 AM »
This is what I use...got them at Bass Pro in sale for less than that

Yeah those are $110 on Amazon lol was hoping to buy a single one for far less. Baby on way, can't justify that purchase at the moment

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #163 on: Jan 16, 2018, 10:02 AM »
Yeah those are $110 on Amazon lol was hoping to buy a single one for far less. Baby on way, can't justify that purchase at the moment

Just tell the little lady baby needs a walkie talkie! Just kidding...I understand the $$ issues when you got one in the oven...

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #164 on: Jan 16, 2018, 11:14 AM »
Laker number 1 on the ice...a fatty!😀
Chartreuse bucktail with cut sucker.
Tipped one over earlier.

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #165 on: Jan 16, 2018, 11:29 AM »
Tipped one over earlier.

Now that's a fatty!

Offline redneckfisherman5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #166 on: Jan 16, 2018, 12:58 PM »
Tipped one over earlier.
Mowbizz is in a hot streak right now! Swung by the launch today saw you out there fishing away looks like you weren't far from where I got absolutely slammed last week in 60 foot of water! Hope you get into some big ones

Trout -the real pink meat

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #167 on: Jan 16, 2018, 02:30 PM »
Just tell the little lady baby needs a walkie talkie! Just kidding...I understand the $$ issues when you got one in the oven...

You should be able to use a Motorola T100 they are $34.00 for 2. https://wwww.factoryoutletstore.com/details/283566/motorola-t100-2-way-radios.html?category_id=1166&catalogitemid=256134

I have a motorola I don't use any more I switched to Rhinos years ago.  I'm in southeast nh if you are near me you can have it.

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #168 on: Jan 16, 2018, 02:49 PM »
Sorry wrong one.  you need the privacy code option.  This is 69.00 for T400s.  https://wwww.factoryoutletstore.com/details/170533/motorola-t400.html?category_id=16800&catalogitemid=150541. If your in Londonderry your are 20 minutes from me in Nottingham.  Send me a PM if you ant to come get it.

Offline Hornets Nest

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #169 on: Jan 16, 2018, 04:14 PM »
Can't wait to get out there this weekend, Bobhouse is in the parking lot ready to go! We were supposed to head out last Sat but hubby was slightly skeptical about the water on the edges which made me even more skeptical since he has way more experience than me! Im frothing at the bit waiting to get my traps and CUSK LINES in the water! Good Luck to everyone! :tipup:

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #170 on: Jan 16, 2018, 04:19 PM »
Ended the day with two lakers on the chartreuse bucktail w/sucker. Shobizz struck out today.
Fun day...at one point there were 5 at a time on the cameras...had a nice big bow cruise by too...couldn’t entice it to bite!
Argo is driving nice and straight now...

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #171 on: Jan 16, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Can't wait to get out there this weekend, Bobhouse is in the parking lot ready to go! We were supposed to head out last Sat but hubby was slightly skeptical about the water on the edges which made me even more skeptical since he has way more experience than me! Im frothing at the bit waiting to get my traps and CUSK LINES in the water! Good Luck to everyone! :tipup:

Get out there and good luck to you too! Gotta get me some cusk lines too...never tried for them.

Offline celtbass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #172 on: Jan 16, 2018, 04:22 PM »
That's a blast to see that many at once on the screen...  gets my heart pumping out of my chest!
Let it freeze

Offline Hornets Nest

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #173 on: Jan 16, 2018, 04:29 PM »
Mowbizz you don't know what you're missing out on! Get some!  ;D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #174 on: Jan 16, 2018, 06:34 PM »

Hey there! Was that you and your hubby i was talking to on Saturday? If so, im glad you both decided to not venture out....it was a tough day to say the least, you made the right decision.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #175 on: Jan 16, 2018, 07:00 PM »

Good for you dennisg34. Priorities man, priorities and it sounds like you got them straight. Im might have one you can borrow for the season, if your around this weekend, i'll leave it in the back of my truck for you. Bring 3 AA batteries with you.

Cheers.

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #176 on: Jan 17, 2018, 05:04 AM »
Good for you dennisg34. Priorities man, priorities and it sounds like you got them straight. Im might have one you can borrow for the season, if your around this weekend, i'll leave it in the back of my truck for you. Bring 3 AA batteries with you.

Cheers.
\

Thank you ! I will be fishing on Sunday, and I sent a PM to GreenShack above to maybe meet up for one!

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #177 on: Jan 17, 2018, 08:50 AM »
Got your pm.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #178 on: Jan 17, 2018, 04:48 PM »
Thought I’d share something for the fish foodies out there (if any).
We come from a long line of fish eaters (Grandfather fished Cobbets pond
often after retirement) and shared his bounty with the family in the form of a family fish fry...
I had his simple batter recipe written down and continue his tradition today...I hope he is smiling from ear to ear (as he always did when feeding his flock)
Any others eat what they catch?
This is the “fatty” laker from yesterday...

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #179 on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:04 PM »
Looks Delicious! Can’t say I ever thought to fry laker. Curious how it tastes. Love frying up crappie, burbot and yellow perch... might be a stupid question as most things taste pretty good deep fried
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.