New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339408 times)

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #1560 on: Dec 17, 2013, 12:32 PM »
Nice lakers.
Master Laker taker.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1561 on: Dec 17, 2013, 01:02 PM »

The KING is getting close, too bad for the up coming warm up. >:(

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1562 on: Dec 17, 2013, 02:05 PM »
Yea but the way I look at it is its ealry anyway so it'll come when its come tho I'm very anxious it'll be a nice season on the king this year
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1563 on: Dec 18, 2013, 04:59 AM »
Are they on huddle bay yet. ???

Offline perch md

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1564 on: Dec 18, 2013, 07:06 AM »
there is a web cam for huddle someone on here im sure has it would also like to see

Offline run320083

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1565 on: Dec 18, 2013, 07:11 AM »
I cant find a working one. i was wondering if they were fishing it yet too. going out tomorrow trying to decide where

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #1566 on: Dec 18, 2013, 07:44 AM »
It was nice weather the past couple of days, just hope the next couple of days don't hurt us too bad. Can't wait to get up on the King and see you guys again :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:
Dream Catcher

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1567 on: Dec 18, 2013, 07:58 AM »
i sure hope it freezes soon so it keeps everyone else off our smaller lakes!.
help protect and keep our great outdoors clean!

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1568 on: Dec 18, 2013, 11:46 AM »
The Kitchell Bay Webcam is showing some ice forming.  Wish we could get about a week of -10 or so, then we would be in business.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline mnt fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1569 on: Dec 18, 2013, 03:53 PM »
why you want them all to yourself. that aint right.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #1570 on: Dec 18, 2013, 04:19 PM »
As long as everyone post conditions of smaller lakes people are going to be on them.  It's a double edge sword.    But I'm ready for some laker action.   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1571 on: Dec 19, 2013, 03:57 AM »
I thought thats what the form is for.Not exchanging recipes.Or is it. ???

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1572 on: Dec 19, 2013, 05:22 AM »
I thought thats what the form is for.Not exchanging recipes.Or is it. ???
seems its not tc-5. i thought it was too but alot on here don't seem to think so.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #1573 on: Dec 19, 2013, 05:51 AM »
It is just that there are people that post conditions of smaller bodies of water then complain when a large groups show up to fish them or are in thier spot.    I just don't like posting on the open forum for all the 'guest'  who are on here looking for a handout but won't help anyone out them selfs.    I have met and fished with a lot of great guys on here and myself have asked and got info from people.   I just choose to do it through a pm.     Everyone is different

Jason

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1574 on: Dec 19, 2013, 06:09 AM »
so,the guys that are an hour or more away who asked for ice conditions so they don't have to take the long ride to find out there is no safe ice are wrong. so if a guy asks about ice conditions and no one tells him that there is no safe ice comes up and drowns  no one would feel bad, for what a spot of the ice. just seems petty to me. to each thier own i guess. if they ask me i'm telling em. thats what this sport is all about!!!!!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1575 on: Dec 19, 2013, 06:29 AM »
Anyone who ventures on the ice based on a report here without taking the proper safety precautions is nuts. I have seen reports from the same body of water this season on the same day .... one said plenty of ice and the other said 2 - 3 inches  ........  so no matter what we read we all need to do our own due diligence to make sure the ice is safe. In my mind that includes following footsteps of others out onto the ice.

I love having people walk out to me on the ice and ask "how much ice?"  ......  i always tell them "at least a good solid inch everywhere"   ;D   ...... it's great to watch their responses.

And  .....  these guys who are out early have spent hours of their own time checking out spots .....  so you really can't blame them for keeping that info to themselves ......     these are all small bodies of water and after a post on here they will be over run. I posted on Stripers 24/7 a couple of years ago that i had a great day .....  the next day my entire stretch of river was over run with boaters.

It's not like they are hiding the fact that Lake George and its' 32 miles of water and acres of elbow room are fishable.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #1576 on: Dec 19, 2013, 07:59 AM »
even when posted some people cant seem to read  whats been written. theyde rather talk about than go find out... lack of ice an holidays is getting peeps crazy... lol
youngster

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #1577 on: Dec 19, 2013, 08:14 AM »
Didn't say I don't tell people conditions.  I just don't post openly.     A couple years back a guy blew up because people posted a body was safe and they got wet.      Yes I can't wait for lg to freeze so people can just relax.   

Hey Jon you fishing Saturday?

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #1578 on: Dec 19, 2013, 09:06 AM »
so,the guys that are an hour or more away who asked for ice conditions so they don't have to take the long ride to find out there is no safe ice are wrong.

Thats complete BS.   GUESS WHAT?? We've all been burned by incorrect ice reports on here.   Only thing you can do is see for yourself.   I DROVE AROUND FOR HOURS last weekend looking for safe ice after the two places I read about on here that were "safe" but in actuality weren't even WALKABLE. 

And if someone drowns because they weren't smart enough to check the ice for themselves...well that's their own god damn fault.  You shouldn't even walk on the ice till you understand the dangers.

I certainly felt foolish a few years ago when I casually walked on lake lonely at night after a friend that lives on the lake told me there was a solid 6" of ice everywhere...got out to my spot, drilled a hole, and had 2" of ice...

wouldv'e been mine and only my fault if I went through...

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1579 on: Dec 19, 2013, 10:03 AM »

Kind of ironic, when you keep telling thousands of people there's safe ice on small waters by name.

Honestly I think he's a troll.  Misidentifies fish, posts pics of fish saying they're in waters they don't exist, doesn't know you can't fish for smelt in George, publicly id's places where fish were caught in other people's pictures, and now says this- yet in the next post says he'll still tell people where ice is?? Seems fishy.
I love clipboard man

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #1580 on: Dec 19, 2013, 10:32 AM »
Wrong Jon lol

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1581 on: Dec 19, 2013, 11:15 AM »
Funny that people come on  this site  and complain that they have to drive a couple hours to check ice. Ill be leaving my house at 230am Saturday to get to my spot by 530. Yes I know the ice is good....why.....becaus e I did it last weekend. Its one of the best parts of the ice fishing season for me. To suggest that some of the guys on this topic wouldn't feel bad for another ice fishermans drowning is asinine.  These are all good guys. They just don't want to broadcast the little good ice there is on the internet. Ill tell youwhere tthere's good ice, 3hr north of Rotterdam.  Real nice ice.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1582 on: Dec 19, 2013, 02:29 PM »
Everybody is looking for a handout these days. It isn't just fishermen. But they are up there on the list.   ;D

JJ

« Reply #1583 on: Dec 19, 2013, 04:44 PM »
Imagine if I posted: "I hope Lake George doesn't freeze this year so everyone stays off OUR lake". ::) ;D All the lakes belong to everyone, post and share what you want if you like, or don't if you don't want to.

Let's get back to the BSing while we're waiting for the big lake to freeze.

It's pretty amazing how many lakers are out there, especially when the start schooling up in late summer. Here's a couple pics from my sonar last August.

JJ

« Reply #1584 on: Dec 19, 2013, 04:47 PM »
Here's one of my favorite trips from this past season. Max enjoyed himself on the boat last May:

While John stayed busy catching trout:

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1585 on: Dec 19, 2013, 04:48 PM »
those are a nice batch of lakers. The smallies do the same thing in the lake around the same depth. Wherever the Smelt is, thats where the lakers/smallies are...which is lake george usually run 60-120ft given the time of year.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1586 on: Dec 19, 2013, 04:49 PM »
Funny that people come on  this site  and complain that they have to drive a couple hours to check ice. Ill be leaving my house at 230am Saturday to get to my spot by 530. Yes I know the ice is good....why.....becaus e I did it last weekend. Its one of the best parts of the ice fishing season for me. To suggest that some of the guys on this topic wouldn't feel bad for another ice fishermans drowning is asinine.  These are all good guys. They just don't want to broadcast the little good ice there is on the internet. Ill tell youwhere tthere's good ice, 3hr north of Rotterdam.  Real nice ice.

good luck buddy. I expect to get out on the king with ya this year to get some perch or lakers!

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #1587 on: Dec 19, 2013, 05:45 PM »
As jj said let's get back to lake George BS not the ""truth of our lives"". Saga

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1588 on: Dec 19, 2013, 06:06 PM »
It is just that there are people that post conditions of smaller bodies of water then complain when a large groups show up to fish them or are in thier spot.    I just don't like posting on the open forum for all the 'guest'  who are on here looking for a handout but won't help anyone out them selfs.    I have met and fished with a lot of great guys on here and myself have asked and got info from people.   I just choose to do it through a pm.     Everyone is different

Smart man Jason

Jason

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1589 on: Dec 19, 2013, 06:11 PM »
good luck buddy. I expect to get out on the king with ya this year to get some perch or lakers!

as soon as its frozen ill be there sat and sunday every weekend until its not safe anymore. anytime you want to go im ready.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.