Author Topic: Scofield Fishing 11-28-14  (Read 1289 times)

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Scofield Fishing 11-28-14
« on: Nov 30, 2014, 09:15 PM »
Headed out for some day after Thanksgiving fishing with Scofield as the destination.  I was up there a few weeks ago and caught a couple of awesome cutthroats.  We hoped to replicate our results.  We ventured onto the ice at daylight and found 6" where we were, though there was some open water on the main lake just outside the dam arm. 

Set up in 10'-12' feet of water and it was instant action for 12" cutthroats for most of the day.  We did catch a couple that were in the slot at 16" and 19".  The fishing was fast until about 11:00 then started slowing down, once it did we started catching  chubs.  It wasn't even funny how easy it was to catch them and how many there were, we could have caught them all day.

Great day for the first ice trip of the year, only bad part was how warm it was, 54 degrees when we left at 2:00.  Hopefully it cools off again soon and hardens up some more.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Scofield Fishing 11-28-14
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2014, 09:37 PM »
Sounds like a great day to be out snakeriverman, nice pics.  54 when you guys were leaving  :-\ man thats pretty warm
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2014, 10:11 PM »
No pics of the chubs? Sounds like a fish story to me. ;D

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2014, 08:25 AM »
Yeah, no pictures of chubs ;)  I did bring home 2 big bags of them for some good cut bait.  Hoping to get out again soon but this weather sucks, we need an arctic blast of cold air.

Offline RANDAL801

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2014, 08:47 AM »
Awesome, nice fish. Wish I would of went out this weekend. Weather was the only thing that stopped me.
GOT ICE?

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2014, 09:04 AM »
Good job on the cutties. That's what I might have to do is go to scofield for an ice fishing FIX. I thought we were headed for an early freeze. There is no doubt in my mind that you pounded the chubs. There are a lot of chubs in there. In fact the state wanted to poison it again. They stopped because there is a chance it could kick out a world record tiger trout. They really got excited when a 17,18, and 19 pounder got caught. They came out of there last fall.  I'm looking for someone that would like to go Friday. Maybe even go to Huntington? We could share gas expenses from Utah county or just meet up on the ice.  :)

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2014, 12:07 PM »
nice fish ,,, wish we had ice ..

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2014, 01:27 PM »
Sounds like a "chub bash" is in order. Might be fun and the t-shirts would be styling. Kind of like those carp unlimited bumper stickers.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2014, 10:06 PM »
Yeah, no pictures of chubs ;)  I did bring home 2 big bags of them for some good cut bait.  Hoping to get out again soon but this weather sucks, we need an arctic blast of cold air.

Thats good you got a bag of them, I was just going to ask if anyone was keeping them for bait. I know I would, if and when i make it up there i will have some ziplocs ready for a bunch. X2 on that arctic blast

Sounds like a "chub bash" is in order. Might be fun and the t-shirts would be styling. Kind of like those carp unlimited bumper stickers.

That shirt might get a few funny looks "CHUB BASHER 2015"  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2014, 09:04 AM »
I think I am going to stay out of the Chub Basher Event :)  I hope the ice stays up there and the fishery continues to improve.  They have been dumping a lot of cutts in there and I know there are some nice ones but you have to sort through a ton of little guys.  It would be awesome if those cutts and tigers continued to put on some size and make that an awesome fishery.

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2014, 08:07 PM »
yes there has been some 10 lb. cuts caught in the old days  :)

Offline PERSONA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2014, 07:47 PM »
Still plenty of big fish to be had in that pond as mentioned tons of lil guys to get past 1st!  A pal and I fished the day after Thanksgiving and caught 85 between the two of us and only managed 3 over 20 all cutts except 1 wee lil tiger trout was fun though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.