Author Topic: Another awful winter for ice  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Brian VT

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline ryguy80

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Another awful winter for ice
« Reply #31 on: Mar 13, 2024, 01:08 PM »
Maybe 3 time will be the charm next year. Got out twice this year, which was 3 times less than the season before. Too mild this year and year before was too much snow. So 2024-25 will be juuuuust right... :)

If next season sucks, I might sell all my ice fishing gear and get out of the hobby (too much invested for it to collect dust), but I probably won't get much for anything as everyone else will be selling off everything too...lol
YouTube - Wissota Fishing

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 13, 2024, 06:18 PM »
Maybe 3 time will be the charm next year. Got out twice this year, which was 3 times less than the season before. Too mild this year and year before was too much snow. So 2024-25 will be juuuuust right... :)

If next season sucks, I might sell all my ice fishing gear and get out of the hobby (too much invested for it to collect dust), but I probably won't get much for anything as everyone else will be selling off everything too...lol

Get a snowmobile, or one of those tracked 4 wheelers. Then there is no such thing as too much snow.
-Tom

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 15, 2024, 10:40 PM »
We still have some ice, but I had to build a bridge so I don't fall in again getting off the ice at the end of the day.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Apr 03, 2024, 02:19 PM »
I know what you mean.
Warm here and lots of snow meant we only have 3' of ice instead of 4 1/2'-5'.   ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.