The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2006 License  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Pike Popper

• Team IceShanty Addict
2006 License
« on: Dec 01, 2005, 11:13 AM »
Are they on sale already or do we have to wait until January 1st like last year? I hope its back to December 1st but I heard from someone it isn't. If so, I guess PA is too cheap to give an extra month. Good for a christmas gift.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2006 License
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2005, 11:58 AM »
I heard they go on sale today. The only problem finding someone who has them.
You could check out the PFBC website to find out for sure. But I'm almost positive
the 2006 licences go on sale today and are effective starting today through the end of 2006.

Offline Pike Popper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2005, 12:08 PM »
Good idea. I just checked the website and it says:
2005 LICENSE YEAR - License valid from
January 1 through December 31 of the year following, inclusive.

2006 LICENSE YEAR - License valid from
December 1 through December 31 of the year following, inclusive.

Looks like your right dkfry. I was at the bait shop down from Lake Jean at the 118+487 jct. and they had told me licenses wouldnt go on sale till Jan. 1st. So either they were wrong or they just don't want to sell licenses until that date.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2005, 12:29 PM »
I'm going to call around to a few places like K-Mart, Wal-Mart and Dick's Sporting goods. The closest bait/gun shop near me doesn't sell hunting or fishing licences. That is honestly the dumbest thing I ever heard of. :D

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2005, 01:16 PM »
You can purchase your 2006 PA fishing license online right now. I just printed out mine. Here's the link-->PA License

This is also posted in their FAQ's section:

What time period does my yearly fishing license cover?
The fishing license year is calendar year based. The year is prominently displayed on the license. The license expires on December 31 of the displayed year. However, you can purchase the next calendar year fishing license on December 1 of the current year and it is immediately valid (for the remainder of that year plus the next year). This website makes available the next calendar year license on December 1 of the current year.     Due to this ability, you cannot purchase (or replace) a current year license after December 1.
Ken                                          

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2005, 02:08 PM »
dkfry,

The reason that many small independent tackle shops do not sell fishing or hunting licenses is because the controlling agencies ( Fish or Game Commisions ) make it financially impossible to do so. It takes lots of upfront cash to become qualified to become an issuing agent, and most smaller shops cannot afford the fee's. The big chains have the capital to afford the ridicules expenses involved, while the little guys are left out.
Trust me, your local shop would love to sell these items, if the powers to be would let them ??? ??? ???
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2005, 02:24 PM »
Last year, the licenses were not sold until January 1st because there was a fee increase.  I read the actual statute online at the PA General Assembly website, and the way the law was written, it appeared to me that they would not have been able to charge the higher amount until January 1, 2005.  Therefore, they did not sell the 2005 license beginning on December 1, 2004, as they usually do.

Because there is no price increase this year, they can sell the license as of December 1st.  Last year, if they would have worded the law differently, they probably could have sold the licenses as of December 1, 2004 at the higher 2005 price.

hali-man

« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2005, 03:01 PM »
How much is a license for non-residents?

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2005, 03:07 PM »
$51 ,  $33 and $25 for yearly , 7 day and 3 day :-[ :-[ :-[

Why do you think I keep comeing to Silver ;D ;D
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline arley/pa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • you can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2005, 12:39 PM »
nice thing about the on-line licenses is that you can print a copy in case you lose one.
You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish.

Offline Ray4852

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2005, 11:23 AM »
I’m a NY state resident. I have always gotten a pa fishing license up until they raised the license fee last year. My question I fish lake Erie, do I need the trout stamp. I know I need the lake Erie stamp. I don’t fish for trout on the pa side of lake Erie just walleye and perch. I know I need the basic license for 51 dollars. Thanks for you help.

Offline CAMOTIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2005, 11:40 AM »
I’m a NY state resident. I have always gotten a pa fishing license up until they raised the license fee last year. My question I fish lake Erie, do I need the trout stamp. I know I need the lake Erie stamp. I don’t fish for trout on the pa side of lake Erie just walleye and perch. I know I need the basic license for 51 dollars. Thanks for you help.

Ray, you can buy the trout and L Erie stamp, separately, or both as a combo stamp.
Purchase of the license on the on the www.fish.pa.us website is the most efficient way of getting a license.
Got mine last night.

Offline Ray4852

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2005, 01:18 PM »
I know I can buy the combo stamp. I don’t need the trout stamp because I don’t fish for trout there. I need the lake Erie stamp. I was told if you fish lake Erie you need both stamps. Nobody can give me the right answer. I might have to check with the game officer. Thanks for your help.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.