The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Saint albans bay 12/29  (Read 589 times)

Offline Hideebeez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Saint albans bay 12/29
« on: Dec 29, 2017, 04:57 PM »
Today was my season opener. I decided to hit up Saint albans for some perch jerkin.   I was set up at 11 am in about 6 fow, off the access area right in town. There was a few groups out there one was running tipups.  Fished with mostly rapala small jerkin minnows and lindy rattling flyers in smelt pattern, tipped with spikes. I got into a couple dozen perch nothing over 6 inches though.  Fished until 4 pm and did try a few holes out to 9 fow. The other guys reported similar results with only a handful of worthy for the table perch reported. Will try tommorow and may try to fish 10-15 fow as I suspect they might be deeper.  All in all was a chilly but problem free day on the ice.  I can report 7ish inches of ice anywhere I tried. There was a couple ATVs roaming around the bay for what that's worth.  Anybody going out tommorow?

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Saint albans bay 12/29
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Shop said someone just sold 66 lbs of large yellows right off the dock today.  Theyre in there but are probably moving often.

Offline Hideebeez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Saint albans bay 12/29
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2017, 05:10 PM »
There was a group on atv out by the island. My guess it was that group. Everybody by me was slow to moderate action.   They are definitely in there tho!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.